We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead, Infrastructure Engineer
CODE: ISE 0050
- Responsible for design, implementation and successful operation of Network and Server infrastructure through administration and maintenance to meet agreed service levels as well as satisfy the business requirements with focus on the project needs.
Servers, Network switches, Routers, Firewall (such as Cisco ASA), UPS, Operating Systems, Active Directory, SAN, Back-Up, Email and Internet Services.
The duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Undertake all work in accordance with required technical and quality standards, selecting and using appropriate methods and tools in order to achieve well-engineered product which exhibit the necessary attributes such as fitness for purpose, reliability and cost effectiveness.
- Document all work using appropriate standards, methods and tools, including prototyping tools where appropriate.
- Prepare, or contribute to, project and quality plans taking account of the requirements for functionality versus the constraints of time, cost and quality
- Plan and document technical approach to teams. Planning, estimating, controlling and reporting on work performed accurately and effectively in order to achieve targets.
- Carry out full impact analysis of new software releases and recommends upgrade plans. Reviews upgrades and fixes available from system software suppliers and identifies those which merit action.
- Investigate potential and actual service problems and recommending solutions. Develop and use formal procedures to plan and test proposed solutions.
- Develop and use procedures for collection of critical information in the event of system failure.
- Analyse documentation, storage dumps and logs relating to system failures to identify the failing component. Isolates failures and recommends actions to circumvent problems and enable the restoration of services with minimum business impact.
- Liaise with suppliers to obtain corrective code, installing and testing the code to ensure a permanent resolution.
- Ensure that operational documentation for relevant system products is fit for purpose and current. Provides advice and guidance to systems development and service delivery start on the correct and effective use of system software.
- Monitor system efficiency against published service level agreements. Monitors both resource usage and failure rates of installed systems and provides detailed feedback to management.
- Produce procedures such as the CM plan, defect/problem reporting procedures, change control procedures, etc., ensuring their compatibility with prescribed standards
- Provide input for procurement of spares, tools and other required equipment and services related to systems supervised.
- Ensure compliance with safety requirements and conduct work and activities safely.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Certified MCSE Certification and/or equivalent is plus.
- Certified CCNA/CCNP is mandatory.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Network/Server Administration.
- English is the spoken and written language and fluent.
- Ability to read, analyse, proof and edit documents, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
- Must be skilled in Corrective, Predictive and Preventive Maintenance of equipment, Traffic Statistics interpretation, Protocol Analyzer, DSL and LAN Testers.
- Experienced in reading technical drawings and the use of Visio, Microsoft Project or equivalent tools.
- Ability to work off hours and weekends to meet work demands.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Unix/Linux
- Must understand VOIP/SIP, IP SEC and routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP and OSPF) at an advanced level. At least 3 years hands-on experience is required.
- At least 12 months experience managing a cloud computing service preferably
- Google Cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Microsoft Azure. Candidate must be able to design, implement and manage a virtual private cloud
- At least 2 years hands on experience with any Cisco Advanced Security appliance (firewall device)
- At least 2 years hands on experience with any Cisco Integrated Services Router (Cisco ISR)
13th Sepetember, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com clearly indicating the "Job Title" as subject of your mail.