Knowledge Transfer Manager - Global Alliance Africa at KTN Nigeria
KTN - The world we live in faces ever-changing societal, environmental and economic challenges, which are felt regionally, nationally and also globally. At KTN our mission is to connect ideas, people and communities to respond to these challenges and drive positive change through innovation. Our diverse connections span business, government, funders, research and the third sector.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Knowledge Transfer Manager - Global Alliance Africa
Employment Type: Full time
KTN Global Alliance Africa
- In 2019, KTN embarked on an exciting six year project, the Global Alliance Africa, aiming to strengthen a shared innovation ecosystem spanning South Africa, Kenya, Nigeria and the UK.
- The project aligns with the UK’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) objectives by forging strategic partnerships amongst innovation stakeholders to enable more effective knowledge transfer and collaboration for stronger local innovation and business environments, helping to achieve long-term ambitions in job creation, inclusive growth and poverty reduction.
Purpose of the Role
The Knowledge Transfer Manager (KTM) is accountable for:
- Working effectively with the Country Lead in the successful and timely implementation of Global Alliance Africa activities in Nigeria to achieve their objectives and impacts
- Strengthening the prominence and upholding the value of KTN Global Alliance's strategic objectives in Nigeria as the key innovation network nationally and regionally.
- Working in partnerships with the KTN Global Alliance counterpart teams in South Africa and Kenya, as well as UK Government and country level stakeholders in meeting the above objectives.
- Delivery of Global Alliance Africa's KPIs, reports and CRM content in Nigeria.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Working actively within the Global Alliance Africa team to effectively plan, manage and deliver its project activities in Nigeria against defined workplans, intervention mechanisms and targeted outcomes.
- Identifying and managing high integrity and effective stakeholder engagement activities in Nigeria, including developing processes, communications and plans to support timely and effective engagement activities.
- Proactively developing innovative approaches to gathering, analysing and managing data obtained through engagement and delivery in line with project requirements.
- Work with KTN International & Development team and others to develop and implement communication and growth plans for KTN Global Alliance in Nigeria and across Africa when required.
- Ensure timely delivery of monitoring reports and data sheets, validation report, including timely response to comments from the Country Lead and Management Team.
- Travel regularly to meet with key stakeholders and partners in Nigeria, across the continent and in the UK as required.
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Engineering, Science, Business or Policy, with a strong ability in written and verbal communication skills in English and local languages.
- Experience and aptitude in building effective engagements and maintaining trusted partnerships with business and public-sector stakeholder at all levels, with a good professional profile and network.
- Demonstrable skills in producing reports with a balance of strategic and technical depth.
- Experience working international donor funded programmes desired.
- In-depth understanding of the Nigerian and international innovation landscape, ideally cross sectorial, with direct experience in innovation commercialisation, policy implementation, business growth and/or international development.
- Experience in working in a fast-paced, multi-stakeholder programme environment across different sectors and international cultures.
Skills and Competencies:
- A highly motivated, self-starting and results oriented individual with a strong desire to deliver socioeconomic impacts through equitable partnerships, innovation collaboration and social inclusion.
- Disciplined, reliable and adaptable with time management ability to deliver autonomously with little supervision.
- Ability to deliver effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness and ability to undertake regular domestic and international travel.
- High level of IT literacy and organisational skills.
- An effective communicator comfortable to engage at all levels in English and local languages.
- Highly numerate and analytical, with an ability to interact with and understand the needs and capabilities with stakeholders across a range of technical and/or industrial disciplines.
Benefits & Conditions of Service
- The salary offered for this role is up to NGN 20,000,000 depending on experience.
- This role will be offered on a fixed term contract ending 31 March 2025, with an initial six-month probationary period and annual contract renewals.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Please apply by submitting a tailored Cover Letter outlining your suitability with specifics relating to the requirements of the role, and your Resume outlining your experience.
- Office based in Lagos, with some flexibility on home-based working and significant domestic and overseas travel expected.
- Due to the nature of this role, we are only able to consider applications for full time working.
- Applicants are invited from Nigerian citizens, with a clean UK and international travel visa history.
- Please note due to the number of applications received and a large volume of quality candidates we will only be accepting applications through the link to apply.
- We want to be able to assess each application fairly after the closing date, so please refrain from contacting KTN staff directly