Knowledge Management and Communications Consultant Job at RTI International
RTI International is an independent, non-profit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 5,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
We hereby invite applications from highly resourceful, motivated and experienced professionals to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Knowledge Management and Communications Consultant
- RTI International in collaboration with Plan International and other partners is implementing a 4-year USAID funded Effective Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (E-WASH) project.
- E-WASH will provide technical assistance to state governments to improve urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial, and technical viability of six (6) state water boards (SWBs) in Nigeria.
- This is part of the United States Government’s (USG) efforts working with the Federal Government to address the heart of the challenges faced by the urban water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) services.
- The overall goal is improvement of urban water and sanitation service delivery.
- The USAID Effective Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (E-WASH) program is seeking to identify an Abuja based Knowledge Management and Communications Consultant to guide the development of capacities in terms of institutional development, and systems for knowledge management for the Urban WASH Community of Practice.
- Initial meeting with Advocacy and Strategic Communications Advisor (ASCA), the Institutional Development Specialist (IDS) to discuss the scope of work.
- Determine the scope of knowledge management within the CoP-SC, and assess the requirements in terms of personnel skills, facilities or infrastructure.
- Conduct a knowledge audit to understand where the CoP stands in terms of knowledge management and its knowledge assets.
- Develop an institutional development plan and partnership strategy for the CoP and Nigeria Water Supply Association (NWSA)
- Draw up the Knowledge Management process flow for the CoP and, in collaboration with the CoP-SC, select staff of the NWSA and provide a menu of options for an ICT system that may suit the KM systems.
- Develop a Knowledge Management Strategy and Action Plan for the CoP.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of Master’s degree in a related field
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressive, work experience in knowledge management, communications, stakeholder management and partnership and/or a relevant field of experience
- Demonstrated strength and experience providing similar technical assistance with international development project
- Expert knowledge of knowledge management in development context
- Evidence of similar work done for USG-funded or other international development project.
- The Level of Effort (LOE) for this assignment is twenty-eight (28) work days. Contract duration is effective March 4th and completion date of April 10th, 2019.
- Note: Engagement days may not run concurrently.
Application Closing Date
14th February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should only submit their CV (not more than 5 pages) to: firstname.lastname@example.org