The Group provides world class banking services to micro, small and medium enterprises and private individuals in Africa and Asia. It has been spreading out to other countries across the globe rapidly.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Legal Officer
- Support the department in the co-ordination of land and company searches, liaise with the service providers that carry out these services to ensure speedy delivery and seamless transmission to communication with the Lending team
- Receiving and reacting to client’s solicitor‘s letters to understand the Legal impact of the correspondences
- As per the advice of the Head of the Legal Department, conduct research on Legal issues especially on the adequacy of various types of securities granted by the bank
- Support in the preparation and filing of regulatory returns in compliance with the provision of the Nigeria law, local requirements and regulatory guidelines.
- Participate in the negotiation and settlement of disputes if any, between loan client and the Bank.
- Ensure proper filing and record keeping of documents and internal registers within the department
- Bachelor of Law Degree from a recognized University
- Call to Bar Certificate from the Nigerian Law School
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience (i.e. Post Call to bar)
- Broad knowledge in Nigerian law
- Good negotiation and arbitration skills
- Knowledge of corporate governance issues
- Sound knowledge of MS Office package, database management and record keeping
- Ability to work with high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Effective and very good communication skills (written and oral)
- Soft Skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent team spirit
- Problem-solving attitude and skills
- High service-orientation.
17th May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com Please ensure that you indicate the position as the subject of the mail. Failure to comply would disqualify your application.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.