Arion Energy Services Limited is an engineering, projects and operations services provider to the oil and gas, power and maritime industries. We are an agile and innovative company providing reliable solutions through our Adapt, Innovate and Resolve (AIR) approach to service delivery. We believe in developing exceptional teams to Adapt our services and tools to meet clients’ needs, Innovate solutions around project requirements and Resolve challenges to deliver expectations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
IT & Web Support Engineer
- We are currently looking to hire an experienced IT & Web Support Engineer in our Lekki Office.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks (LAN and Internet) by troubleshooting systems and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Responding in a timely manner to end-user technical issues relating to hardware, software or network
- Setting up and maintaining outlook email accounts of employees
- Repairing and replacing computer hardware and other equipment
- Determine sources of web page or server problems and take action to correct such problems.
- Implement web site security measures, such as firewalls, filter and message encryption.
- Work closely with external developers or programmers to document, test and evaluate changes made to existing in-house application software.
- Attend meetings relating to software demo by vendors and advise management appropriately
- Take regular server back-ups
- Monitoring and upgrading the server security for threats and take necessary action when required
- Check and analyze operating system or application logfiles regularly to verify proper system performance.
- Keep the internal server operating at its best condition
- Talk remote employees through a series of actions to help set up systems or resolve issues using remote access software like Team viewer
- Maintaining existing websites, recruitment portal and upgrading them when need arises.
- Renewing the SSL certificates on the company’s website and portal
- Constant communication with other colleagues in the business to develop and deploy their content – and ensuring there is a clear establishment of what can be created within what timeframe
- Researching different software programs, maintaining software documentation
- Implementing contingency plans in case the website goes down.
- Creating new email account using standard cPanel application and linking them to outlook on systems
- Writing codes or installing and configuring required plugin to implement new business requirements
Skills & Educational Requirements
- B.Sc in Computer Science
- 5 – 7 yearsТ work experience
- Experience with database systems such as SQL and MySQL
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
- Great at organizing, prioritizing and multitasking
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, Router, switch, LAN and WAN to maintain server functionality
- Graphics design skill Ц Corel Draw, Fireworks, Adobe photoshop
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS) like WordPress, Joomla etc.
- Experience with server-side frameworks such as php, ASP, ASP.NET
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] clearly indicating ” IT & Web Support Engineer” as subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 17th March, 2020.