Girl Effect, We’re a creative non-profit empowering girls to change their lives. Started by the Nike Foundation, we are experts in media, mobile, brand and international development: a unique mix of skills that we use to solve global problems in a different way.
We work across the world in the places where girls are marginalised and vulnerable. We create for young people in ways they love and interact with. And it’s all delivered through the media and mobile tech they use every day – from apps that build skills, to TV dramas that explore vital issues, to magazines written by girls.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: IT Support
Employment Type: Full Time
What You’ll Do
As Girl Effect increases the scale of its reach and impact, Girl Effect Nigeria is looking to hire a knowledgeable and experienced IT Support to assist with strategic and technical IT/ICT support within the following scope;
- Application management
- Network administration and desktop support
- System administration and MS Exchange support
- We aim to improve on the efficiency and effectiveness of current IT services by leveraging on the skills and capabilities of an IT Support to enhance staff productivity, IT security, internet functionality, knowledge management and awareness as well as hardware spares management and software library support for Girl Effect Nigeria Country office
As the IT Support, you will lead on all IT/ICT related tasks. Critical to your success will be ability to ensure ISP service us efficient and functioning according to SLA signed with Girl Effect Nigeria. In addition, the following are also relevant success indicators you are required to achieve;
- IT help desk is available to staff with little or no service disruptions
- Proactive and efficient support is available to users
- Efficient management of Girl Effect’s IT systems and equipment ensuring settings are up to date
- Assigned online trackers are active and regularly monitored for efficiency
- Communication system is efficient and effective
- Ensure that no pirated software is being used
- Provide first level user, workstation and server support.
- Manage overall technology infrastructure, providing professional advice on related purchases
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Oversee system administration function to ensure smooth running of daily office operations and utilization of IT services
- Conduct regular backup of relevant data as well as data security
Troubleshoot system, equipment/materials and network problems; liaise with ISPs where required. Set up a help desk system to;
- Diagnose hardware and software faults and
- Solve technical and applications problems
- Install printers, copiers, laptops and desktop computers
- Ensure local and server based antivirus softwares are installed and track license for notification of renewal time; conduct routine scanning against threats to normal systems’ running
- Provide user training on common business application and usage of Girl Effect’s ICT systems such as training new and current employees on computer software and ICT systems.
- Sustain IT culture for Email and Internet usage
- Produce reports as may be requested by Supervisor/Management
- Keep ICT equipment, storage area and work area clean and organized.
- Any other tasks as may be assigned within the job scope
- HR unit – Support HR software application, update Girl Effect Nigeria organogram and follow up on setting up of new user email accounts and other IT requirements.
- Procurement: Assist with online dispatch of TORs, RFQs and RFPs, update online databases
- Inventory: Assist with online updating database for Girl Effect Nigeria’s assets and allocation/relocation of assets
- Security: Provide support to the team on online tracking devices e.g. vehicle tracker and CCTV footage
- Admin: Assist with efficient management of Girl Effect Nigeria’s communication system such as crediting of staff phones and functionality of Sat-phones.
- Logistics: Assist with monitoring of online vehicle request when required
- Program team: Provide IT support during training sessions
Who You Are
- Have PC troubleshooting knowledge and MS SharePoint implementation user and desktop support as well as networking capacity.
- Have working knowledge of office 365, Google Mac and Outlook laptops
- Have a degree (BA / B.Sc / HND) in ICT or related field with minimum of 3 years relevant professional and work experience in ICT field commensurate with above requirements
- Have experience working with international organizations is a plus.
- Has and maintains the requisite skills required to meet the requirements set out above
- Have proven knowledge of Mac and compatibility to other IT equipment – printers etc. to problem solve efficiently
- Have the ability to perform effectively and efficiently on the job.
- Have the ability to think logically in a pressurized working environment
- Have the ability to work well in a team
- Have good problem-solving skills
- Have the ability to prioritize your workload
- Have the ability to clearly explain technical IT issues to non-technical users
- Be fluent in written and spoken English is required.
What Else You Should Know
- As we continue to scale and grow – we are hugely ambitious for our future and we are looking for people who are driven by this to change the world for girls.
- Our teams are a diverse mix across sectors (non-profit and commercial) and specialisms (from Brand and Creative through to Gender and Evidence). You’ll learn and grow in an environment that will challenge you to think and work with a fresh perspective.
- At Girl Effect, you can expect to work somewhere where you will be stretched and developed in your role, a place where you can build your career and work with talented, engaged people committed to our cause to create a lasting impact.
Application Closing Date
13th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV including cover letter (indicating at least 3 references) to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]