IT Problem Manager at Sterling Bank Plc
Sterling Bank Plc “Your one-customer bank” is a full service national commercial bank in Nigeria. In over 50 years of operations, Sterling Bank (formerly NAL Bank) has evolved from the nation’s pre-eminent investment banking institution to a fully-fledged commercial bank; and completed a merger with 4 other banks – Indo-Nigeria Merchant Bank, Magnum Trust Bank, NBM Bank and Trust Bank of Africa – as part of the 2006 consolidation of the Nigerian banking industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: IT Problem Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Specialization: Technical Support
To minimise the adverse impact of underlying cause of one or more incidents) that are caused by underlying errors within the IT Infrastructure, and to proactively prevent recurrence of incidents related to these errors.
- Analyze and report incidence trend data to identify and eliminate root causes.
- Work with the technology stakeholders regarding the maintenance of the Known Error Database.
- Initiate actions to fix interruptions to service caused by errors/faults in the IT infrastructure.
- Lead and facilitate post event investigations into high impact faults.
- Maintain inventory of disputes under analysis, their current progress and status
- Produce statistics and reports to demonstrate performance of the incidence Management process and manage issues through to resolution.
- Identify trends and potential Problem sources (by reviewing Incident and Problem analyses).
- Assign the complaints to appropriate desk for resolution.
- Diagnose faults and determine whether new incidents are related to known errors or existing problem records.
- Minimum of at least 2 years’ experience in IT service management role