An indigenous sports and gaming company is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Operator (Technical Operations)
Employment Type: Full-time
- This unit installs, configures computer and Slot systems, diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems, either over the phone or in person. It’s therefore crucial to ensure the correct running and maintenance of IT systems.
You will be responsible for the smooth running of gaming machines ensuring that users get maximum benefits from them. Other functions include timely installation, routine maintenance of both Slot machines and all company technical items.
- Install and configure gaming hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitor and maintain slot systems and internet networks
- Talk staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Replace parts as required
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate)
- Prioritize and manage many open cases at one time
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, such as software developers, business development managers etc.
- Test and evaluate new technology
- Follow diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system
- Support the roll-out of new applications
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues
- Respond within agreed time limits to install machines at business locations
- Conduct routine electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- Practical work experience is extremely important as well as Gaming and Lottery industry knowledge is an added advantage.
- Experience in Technical Operations, Hardware repairs and maintenance, Software analysis and management are of importance.
- Furthermore, a degree in the following fields might be a plus; Computer science or engineering, Business systems engineering, Software development, Information technology and Internet engineering.
- A good memory of how software and operating systems work
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with clients to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- Attention to detail.
Deadline: 25th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.