- Company: Founders Factory Africa (FFA)
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
Founders Factory Africa (FFA) is a pan-African company investing in transformative early-stage ventures, from founders with an idea to ventures raising a Seed round.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Investment Associate
Employment Type: Full time
- We are looking to hire an Investment Associate to support our efforts in sourcing and qualifying early-stage startups in Africa.
- The successful candidate will support our ecosystem engagement efforts to source and identify promising startups and support the investment process to ensure Investment Committee approvals.
- The candidate will need to have a good understanding of technology and business models and have existing networks and exposure to the startup world within Africa.
Sourcing new investment opportunities and leading ecosystem engagement efforts:
- Support in developing and maintaining an active partnership referral network within the African Tech ecosystem
- Conduct market analysis and keep up to speed with sector trends and market performance
- Support deep dives, industry analysis, and market mapping
- Source, identify, and evaluate new investment opportunities – startups and founders
- Attend, participate, and host industry events to promote FFA venture programs, working together with the rest of the investment team.
Screening, Qualifying, and presenting opportunities at the Investment Committee – support on converting investment opportunities:
- Support on all aspects of the pre-due diligence process (initial screening, qualification process, and internal stakeholder socialisation)
- Conduct thorough opportunities assessment, including market and competitor analysis, technical due diligence, impact modelling, and financial model review as part of the deal team
- Prepare documentation to sell new investment opportunities internally and to the Investment Committee.
- Have a minimum of 1 year of experience in a similar venture capital fund and a total of 3 years of work experience
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, able to build a network, source companies, and develop relationships with top African entrepreneurs and other tech/entrepreneurship ecosystem players in key markets across Africa
- An analytical mind able to qualify and understand different concepts and business models
- Independently be able to form views around investment decisions, make recommendations, and present deals to senior colleagues
- Be proficient in Excel and comfortable manipulating data and building financial models
- Knowledge and experience building financial models
- Extensive knowledge, enthusiasm for, and interest in technology and start-ups
- A self-starter who thrives in an autonomous role, with excellent prioritisation, self-organisation, and execution skills.
Application Closing Date