The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Investment Analyst, Business Development
- The incumbent supports (Senior) Investment Managers primarily in the process of building a pipeline of projects, new project screening as well as maintain high standards of client service. In line with these responsibilities, the Investment Analyst will conduct market research, draft and/or review financial models, carry out financial analysis of projects and companies, and assist in the preparation of credit, guarantee and investment proposals to support investment and lending decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Financial modelling, reporting & analysis:
- Assists in developing/reviewing financial models based on client/project information.
- Assists in the analysis of financial statements/projections with a view to supporting an assessment of key risks and performance drivers.
Support to (Senior) Investment Managers for project origination, appraisal and structuring:
- Support business development efforts alongside (Senior) Investment Managers;
- Conducts industry and market research;
- Participates in the appraisal/due diligence of new projects under consideration including joining (Senior) Investment Managers on due diligence missions;
- Participates in investment structuring and negotiations alongside (Senior) Investment Managers; and,
- Supports (Senior) Investment Managers in preparing project approval documentation for internal approval processes.
Data and other tasks:
- Assists (Senior) Investment Managers in populating internal database systems and ensures data integrity;
- Maintains a database of pipeline projects by geography, business segment and for main strategic partners (DFIs, Commercial Banks and main project sponsors); and,
- Carries out other tasks that are related to the job function, assigned by the Director of Business Development and/or (Senior) Investment Managers.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Economics, Commerce or Finance or other relevant disciplines.
- Minimum of three years or relevant professional experience with an international development finance organization; a banking institution (including commercial or investment banking) or with a major consulting firm.
- Fluent in English. A good working knowledge of Arabic, German, Spanish, or French is an added advantage.
- Some experience in financial analysis as well as corporate and project financial modelling is required. Exposure to financial institution, trade finance and/or infrastructure projects will be an added advantage.
- Highly motivated, proactive, creative, possesses problem solving skills, and driven.
- Ability to distill large amounts of information from various resources.
- Possesses strong analytical thinking, good planning and organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills, with an ability to convey information succinctly and diplomatically.
- Good attention to detail and ability to prioritize as well as multitask effectively.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and Power Point as well as able to utilize graphics and tables to effectively and creatively present data.
- Proven self-starter with strong initiative, enthusiasm for innovation, business development.
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online