Job Title: Internal Auditor (Business Risk & Assurance)
Type: Full Time
Career: Mid/Level Expert
Reports to: Board of Directors/CEO
- The Internal Auditor will be responsible for managing all aspects of risk to the organization, its employees, clients, reputation, assets and interests of stakeholders. Specific risk areas include, corporate governance, information security, regulatory compliance and operational risk.
- Designing, implementing and leading a global risk management strategy for the organization
- Establishing and quantifying the organization's 'risk appetite' and ensure risk approach adheres accordingly
- Providing horizon scan to increase awareness of risks affecting the business.
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory obligations whilst taking a commercial and practical approach to risk based challenges and offer appropriate solutions.
- Ensuring a continual drive for enhanced efficiency and client service (internal and external) in all Risk and Compliance processes.
- Developing, leading and motivating the Risk and Compliance team to maximize effectiveness
- Ensuring senior management remain informed of regulatory, legislative and best practice changes and their obligations under these changes and how they impact the Group.
- Providing regular reports to boards and other relevant bodies detailing any current issues or information as required
- Carrying out corporate governance involving external risk reporting to stakeholders
- Implementing internal/system controls, conduct internal audits, including liaison with external auditors
- Providing support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organization.
- Making provision of proactive and practical regulatory advice to business managers and support functions
- Managing the successful delivery of compliance projects ensuring technical excellence via a practical/business driven approach.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Must have a Minimum of 2 to 4 years' in similar role
- Must have a bachelor's degree in relevant discipline with a minimum of a Second Class Honours, Upper Division (2:1)
- An MBA will be an added advantage
- Must have an excellent analytical and communications skills
- Must have a working knowledge of Excel & PowerPoint MS Office.
- Must have a knowledge and experience commensurate with this role and having dealt with regulatory environment both onshore and offshore covering all service lines offerings
- Must be able to demonstrate a broad technical knowledge and expertise covering conduct of business matters, corporate governance matters and regulatory risk and regulatory change matters
- Must have a practical and commercial approach to problem solving
- Must have the experience of influence behaviours at all levels of the organisation
- Must have a proven track record of delivering enhancements to process efficiency
- Must have the ability to produce and present effective presentations.
29th March, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (Ms Word Format) to: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org using "Internal Auditor (Business Risk & Assurance)" as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted.