The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies is the world's largest humanitarian network and is guided by seven Fundamental Principles: Humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, universality and unity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Intern, Communications
Job Number: S01828
Contract Type: Contractor
Duration: 6 Months
Grade: Not applicable
- To support the communications team at the Nigerian Red Cross Society to improve visibility for the Nigeria Hunger Crisis Appeal.
- The intern will work with the Nigerian Red Cross communications team to collect and create content for the purposes of profiling the activities being undertaken under the Nigerian Hunger Crisis Appeal and ensure the same is used on the Nigerian Red Cross platforms and shared with critical media stakeholders.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Working with the Senior Communications Officer to:
- To provide support to help deliver consistent content creation for the hunger crisis project
- To support in the creation of compelling audio-visual content that can be used to highlight the impact of the Nigeria Hunger Crisis Appeal.
- To chronicle stories of people who have been reached by the project so far.
- To collect audio-visual content that can be used for continuous profiling of the project.
- To support in the creation of audio-visual capacity in the Nigerian Red Cross Society.
- A Degree in Mass Communication or a similar field. Required.
- One year of experience in a similar field. Required.
Knowledge, Skills and Language:
- Good writing and communications skills. Required
- Good audio-visual skills. Required
- Good knowledge of the media landscape in Nigeria (Digital and Traditional). Required
- A good understanding of the Red Cross movement. Preferred
Competencies and Values:
- National Society relations
- Empowering others
Application Closing Date
29th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online