- Company: ZIM Integrated Shipping Services
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
ZIM Integrated Shipping Services – In the fast-changing shipping world, ZIM Integrated Shipping Services has set itself apart as an independent carrier with a fresh, unique approach. ZIM’s strategy as a global niche carrier offers distinctive advantages to customers worldwide. We have created a smart, efficient network that ensures stable, reliable services; and we have made it our mission to focus on the needs of our customers, which stand at the heart of all our decisions.
ZIM operates in select trades, where it has a competitive advantage and where it can provide superior service. In these trades, ZIM is a significant player with a sizable market share. We maintain a flexible partnership approach with other major carriers, and our new line structure is a much-needed alternative to customers concerned about the current alliance-dominated market.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Import Manager
Reference No.: 55.62E
- Monitor release processes and deposit from client: Verify original bill of lading prior release, scrutinize customs documents, attend to clients internally on cargo release matter and final cargo release
- Coordinate and resolve matter whenever issue arises to enable smooth release of cargo
- Attend to mails – externally with clients and internally with our principals regarding confirmation of freight issues and telex release, etc.
- Timely verification of credit notes in System
- Attend to unclaimed containers issues in liaison with POL and client
- Coordinate and supervise subordinates on prompt customer services
- Work with Customer Service Team to provide high levels of customer service
- Analyze and resolve issues promptly with client and staff as they arises to avoid delay to cargo release.
- Attend to petition, queries and or invitation from Nigerian customs service, Nigerian police force, Economic and financial crime commission (EFCC), etc.
- Represent the organization at stakeholders meetings with the Nigerian customs services – on importation procedures and regulations, unclaimed containers in the port, etc.
- A First Degree in Shipping, Maritime, Business or a related field
- At least 7 years proven experience within the Shipping industry
- Customer focused, good experience in maintaining customer relationship
- Strong managerial skill and good teamwork
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Proactive with great attention to details
- Good computer knowledge (tech savvy) and demonstrable knowledge of MS-Office Outlook, Excel, and Word.
Application Closing Date
23rd November, 2021.