IHS Towers Available Job Opening
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Officer, Financial Reporting & Control
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- We are currently recruiting for a Senior Officer, Financial Reporting & Control. In this role, you will contribute towards effective financial reporting processes within the company through ownership of the general ledger and revieew of exceptions in the balance sheet and profit & loss trends.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Identify and propose relevant accounting adjustments required for accuracy of the Trial Balance and other routine accounting reports.
- Identify need for changes to accounting policies and systems in response to changes in global accounting standards and the immediate business environment.
- Prepare stand-alone and consolidated annual financial statements, attend to all review comments, and follow through to final sign-off.
- Prepare monthly summarized management financials and cashflow statements (CFS). Update based on reviews with process owners and relevant stakeholders.
- Provide support for financial planning in annual budget build-up and monthly variance analysis.
- Prepare accounting models for sensitivity analysis and impact assessment of varying situations.
- Continuously reassess financial reporting systems for all in-market entities, matching trend of investing and financing activities to management expectation. Report identified exceptions to management.
- Attend to other external stakeholder reporting queries and enquiries.
- Prepare quarterly analytics for management reviews towards investor reporting.
Experience & Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance
- Evidence of study towards or professional qualification of ACCA, ICAN
- +4 years’ relevant work experience in audit and assurance, accounting, consulting, and preparation of IFRS financial statements.
- Customer Focus
- Be Bold.
- Data Analysis & Reporting
- Internal Audit
- Use of MS Office Tools.
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Initiative/ Judgement
- Collaboration & Teamwork.