The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is the global humanitarian organization of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Through an international network, ADRA delivers relief and development assistance to individuals in more than 130 countries-regardless of their ethnicity, political affiliation, or religious association. By partnering with communities, organizations, and governments, ADRA is able to improve the quality of life of millions through 9 impact areas.
Human Resource Officer
- The HR Officer will be based in the Maiduguri-Borno State Office. The position will require travels to ADRA field offices/sites outside Maiduguri within Borno or other States in North East Nigeria.
- The Jobholder will report to the Program Director and directly relate with the office of the Country Director on HR matters.
- S/he will be the overall supervisor staff in the HR department and will be requested to work in a team and are expected to achieve organization’s human resources needs.
- Jobholder operates with minimal supervision, and provides guidance to staff to ensure that operational and project objectives are achieved.
- HR Officer will be heavily involved in day–to-day activities and analytical work.
- Jobholder will provide advice on low and complex issues, applying HR rules, regulations, policies and national labor laws and expertise in making determinations and recommendations across a range of activities.
- To deliver a professional, client-focused HR services, partnering with managers to implement HR solutions in line with ADRA corporate and programmatic priorities.
- Contribute towards the development of country specific plans and processes, and deliver HR operational activities or projects, following standard processes and ensuring alignment with wider ADRA policies and guidelines.
- Provide advice to managers and employees, understanding their needs and ensuring policies, procedures, processes, systems and tools are available and correctly applied to support them.
- Provide effective management of the employment relationship between ADRA and its staff, by administering conditions of service, contracts and appropriate entitlements, and resolving employee relations’ issues.
- Contribute to staff capacity building, working with managers to understand individual skills and programmatic requirements, and organizing/delivering development solutions, which equip people with the skills and knowledge, required to meet current and future challenges.
- Deliver orientation activities, which ensure new employees, have a positive experience of ADRA, and are successfully integrated into their new role and the organization.
- Contribute to building and managing talent within ADRA, working with managers to understand their needs and delivering solutions to recruit, retain, manage and develop a high caliber workforce to deliver organizational objectives.
- Support organizational design activities that enable senior management to define and organize structures and duties, and allocate people to the right places in order to improve efficiency.
- Guide and support staff, acting as a point of referral and assist them with analysis and queries concerning HR related issues.
- Collate and analyze data for the preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a ADRA’s wide view of HR activities that enables informed decision-making and consistent information for stakeholders.
- Contribute to continuous improvement by implementing new/updated HR policies, procedures and systems and recommending improvements to ways of working.
- Work closely with programs managers to design a needs-based staff capacity building plan and share it with senior management
- A minimum qualification of a first degree in Human Resource, Administration, Management and relevant work experience
- A Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ experience in Human Resource or administration or any other related areas
- Ability to speak fluent English
- Excellent interpersonal written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to multi-task and work with deadlines
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications including, word, excel, PowerPoint and outlook (or similar software)
- Knowledge of databases and skills needed to access & analyze information; basic analytical and statistical skills
- Strong problem solving, analytical and operational abilities
- Excellent planning; organizational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Good knowledge of human resource practice, policies and procedures
- Familiarity with Local Labour Law and Strong customer service focus
- Building and nurturing relationships
- Excellence and Commitment
Terms and Conditions
- For back ground checks -On your CV, please include three (3) professional references with their name, title, company, relationship to you, email address, and telephone number)
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications in English only, via: email@example.com Indicate the Location you are willing to be posted in your mail subject.
Note : All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability and sexual orientation. Qualifying female applicants are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org