Human Resource Business Partner at Interswitch Group
Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Business Partner
Employment Type: Permanent
Department: Group HR & Admin
- To act as a trusted advisor to business to enable the respective business leaders to make informed people related decisions.
- To implement the end to end Group HR strategy within the allocated Business area/s, taking into account the strategic priorities and nuances of the individual business areas to ensure the groupwide attainment of the HR Strategic Objectives.
- To contribute to the development of the HR strategy, priorities, solutions and initiatives by providing insights on the people and industry trends within the allocated business/es to ensure that the HR function remains relevant and continuously enables the attainment of Business Objectives.
- Deploy the talent agenda within the business to enable robust differentiation and development of the different talent segments. Develop procedures and interprets, or advise the wider business on application of the Talent agenda then monitor implementation of those procedures within the organization.
- Identify requirements for HR frameworks and tools within an important area of responsibility to meet business needs.
- Specify the design and manage development and implementation, ensuring compliance with external requirements and integration with the broader HR policy framework.
- Build a reputation as a knowledgeable and trusted advisor to leaders in the business on the full employee life cycle to increase the strategic profile of the HR function and to ensure that the best decisions are taken concerning people in the business.
- Provide specialist advice on the interpretation and application of policies and procedures, resolving complex or contentious queries and issues and enabling others to take appropriate actions.
- Interrogate the business strategy to identify the headcount and development actions required to enable the business to meet its objectives.
- Investigate complex hypotheses, using a wide range of HR data to diagnose underlying causes of key business issues and identify opportunities to enhance employee engagement and/or improve business performance.
Investigate, and propose solutions for, very complex and/or contentious Employee Relations cases in liaison with line managers; coordinate the
organization's response to legal cases brought by individuals; contribute to the preparation of legal submissions and ensure all parties complete casework accurately and within deadlines.
- Gather and analyze data relating to key people metrics (Regrettable loss, build/ buy/borrow/bounce, employee engagement, attrition etc.) to enable the business and HR to make data driven people decisions. Specify, develop, and test HR data collection procedures and tools within an area of HR practice to meet defined key principles and ensure compliance with external requirements.
- Identify learning and development needs within the business and collaborate with the talent team to deploy the required training to enable a fully capable workforce. Maintain external accreditations and in-depth understanding of current and emerging external regulation and industry best practices through continuing professional development, attending conferences, and reading specialist media.
- Implement; advise on; and monitor adherence to HR Policy, processes and procedures within the business, raise any compliance issues with the relevant stakeholder and ensure correction thereof to minimize any risks and losses stemming form non-compliance.
Education and Experience
- University / Post Graduate (Master's Degree)
- Wide and deep experience providing expert competence (Over 8 years to 10 years).
- Experience of planning and managing resources to deliver predetermined objectives as specified by more senior managers (Over 3 years to 6 years).
- Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. For example, consistently looks at complex issues from many angles; obtains a rich and deep understanding; swiftly cuts to the core issue; skillfully separates root causes from symptoms.
Applies knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals. For example, has a sophisticated grasp of business drivers,
finds new ways to increase own contribution. Stays attuned to business and industry changes, ensures own activities remain aligned to key objectives.
Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments. For example, measures and tracks team's and own performance, and helps the team learn
from success, failure, and feedback. Adheres to, and enforces, goals, policies, and procedures.
Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences. For example, listens
attentively and takes an interest. Keeps others well informed; conveys information clearly, concisely, and professionally when speaking or writing.
- Handles conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise. For example, seeks out a variety of opinions and options; maintains an open mind; takes steps to ensure conflict remains constructive; avoids polarized or unilateral decisions; seeks agreement on critical issues.
- Creates a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives. For example, shares insight into the purpose of the work, involves others appropriately and gives them credit for their contributions. Praises the successes of others.
- Knows the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement. For example, uses metrics and benchmarks to monitor accuracy and quality. Takes steps to make methods productive and efficient. Promptly and effectively addresses process breakdowns.
- Works independently and provides guidance and training to others on analyzing data trends for use in reports to help guide decision making.
- Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to work independently while providing guidance and training to others on planning, organizing, prioritizing and overseeing activities to efficiently meet business objectives.
- Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to work independently while providing guidance and training to others on developing, monitoring, interpreting and understanding policies and procedures, while making sure they match organizational strategies and objectives.
Works independently and provides guidance and training to others while interpreting and applying comprehensive knowledge of laws, regulations and
policies in area of expertise.
- Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to communicate with other people independently while providing guidance and training to others on speaking in a clear, concise and compelling manner.
Applies comprehensive knowledge and skills to work independently while providing guidance and training to others on reviewing and creating relevant,
lucid and effective reports.
- Applies comprehensive knowledge to act independently while providing guidance and training to others on using clear and effective verbal communications skills to express ideas, request actions and formulate plans or policies.
- Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to work independently while providing guidance and training to others on analyzing data from multiple sources to draw appropriate conclusions and make suitable recommendations.
- Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to act independently while guiding and training others on analyzing the business requirements that IT solutions must meet.
- Determine acceptance and evaluation criteria; Prioritization; Observation; Focus groups; Analysis Skills.
- Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to act independently while guiding and training others on achieving full compliance with applicable rules and regulations in management and/or operations.
- Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to act independently while guiding and training others on making sure that the organization manages its employee relations within a clear framework that embodies corporate values and policies, while also complying with all legal requirements
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 26th May, 2023.