Job Title: HR Business Partner
Ref No: ANT/1126/BHPR
Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
Type: Full Time.
Career: Mid/Level Expert.
Reports to: Managing Director.
- The HR business partner (HRBP) will be responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units.
- The HRBP will act as an employee champion and change agent.
- The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs.
- Communicating needs proactively with the HR department and business management, the HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions.
- The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization.
- The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its mid-range plans, its culture and its competition.
- Conducting weekly meetings with respective business units.
- Consulting with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzing trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Managing and resolving complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Providing day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Working closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Providing HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Developing contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Providing guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifying training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Providing support in the recruitment process for the respective business units.
- Participating in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Must have a minimum of 3 to 6 years' experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Must have a working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in relevant discipline with a minimum of a Second Class Honours, Upper Division (2:1)
- A MBA/Master's Degree in relevant discipline will be an added advantage.
- Must have a Professional Qualification: CIPM & SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certification or ability to obtain certification within one year of employment.
- Analytical & Communication Skill.
- Ethical Practice.
- Global & Cultural Awareness.
- Relationship Management.
- Working knowledge of Excel & PowerPoint MS Office
- Personnel / Welfare administration
- Industrial Relationship management/ knowledge of Labour law (Domestic & International)
- HR Policy development
- Performance Management
- People/ Relationship Management
- Reward & compensation management
- Knowledge, competency and learning management
- Recruitment and Selection practices and management
29th March, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: only to: email@example.com Using the role "HR Business Partner" as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted.