The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Protocol
- The Head of Protocol is responsible for coordinating relations between OPEC Fund and Member States, and for providing substantive technical and logistical support to the Ministerial Council and Governing Board meetings as well as to other high-level OPEC Fund meetings.
- This position also facilitates guests to OPEC Fund and ensures the proper logistics and etiquette is observed.
- The incumbent plans the programs and activities of protocol operations and supervises the implementation.
- The annual workload includes organizing and servicing a Ministerial Council meeting, four Governing Board meetings, 11-14 Board-level committee meetings, and 12-18 loan signature ceremonies, and the preparation of various receptions for other in-house and external meetings and events.
Duties and Responsibilities
Stakeholder management and engagement support:
- Responsible for coordinating relations between the OPEC Fund and Member States, and for providing substantive technical and logistical support to the Ministerial Council and Governing Board meetings as well as other high-level OPEC Fund meetings and visitors. The incumbent will be in communication with ministers, OPEC Fund governors and alternate governors, ambassadors, government officials and other high-level representatives.
- Draft routine correspondence with government ministries and other high-level entities.
- Anticipate client needs and address them properly.
Meeting coordination assistance:
- Provides assistance in coordinating the organization of ceremonies for the signature of loan/grant agreements, in cooperation with other concerned departments.
- Assists in the coordination of reception of visitors to the Fund, which includes the provision of any relevant high-level representational items (i.e. gifts, handouts).
- Arranging any necessary meeting-related reservations and appointments.
- Ensures all internal protocols are understood and met.
- Provides advice to chief of staff on any matters critical to meeting preparation.
- Participates in all public relations and protocol activities, including receptions and social events, as well as accommodation and travel arrangements for the Director-General, official visitors and participants in the Ministerial Council and Governing Board meetings.
- Builds and maintains an established network of contacts and partnerships among relevant entities in the hospitality industry, especially, hotels, restaurants, caterers, airport staff, venues in Vienna.
- Ensures all team members properly understand their roles and responsibilities.
- Carries out other tasks assigned by the supervisor, related to the job function.
- Develops system to collect and manage feedback in order to improve level of service.
- Develops and implements processes, guidelines, and strategies related to event management that align with the institution’s strategic plan.
- Responsible for maintaining up-to-date lists and contact details for of ministers and high officials of the host country, ambassadors posted in the host country, members of the Ministerial Council, members and alternate members of the Governing Board, ministers and high officials of the OPEC Fund’s partner countries.
- Maintains a list of relevant contacts and partners in the hospitality industry, especially, hotels, restaurants, caterers, venues in Vienna.
- Contributes to a shared master contact list for the organization.
- Prepares checklists and guidance documents for meetings taking place outside of headquarters.
- Provides regular reports to the Chief of Staff on lessons learned and new best practices following conclusion of mission and meetings.
Administrative and logistical support:
- Coordinates the administrative and logistical support for the Fund’s high-level meetings, including arrangements for the transportation of VIPs from and to the airport.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Public Relations, International Relations, Communication, Business Administration, and/or other relevant field is required. A Master’s in any of these fields is an asset.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience. At least five years of experience in an international institution, embassy, or ministry is desirable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Word and Excel.
- Experience in communicating with high-level VIPs, preferably in English, German and/or Arabic.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and German. A good working knowledge of Arabic, French, and/or Spanish is an asset.
- Knowledge of protocol in a governmental or international organization, including experience of working with the host government.
- Awareness of the subtleties and peculiarities in proper international protocol procedures.
- Ability to understand and follow standard institutional procedures.
- Work in a collaborative way with both internal & external shareholder teams to achieve organizational goals.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and presentation skills ensuring messages and instructions are clearly understood.
- Able to understand confidential information and the need to ensure that such information can be accessed only by authorized persons.
- Able to work efficiently in a well-structured, focused manner setting clear priorities.
- Excellent ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Process and project management skills.
- Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning.
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online