Aza Finance (Formerly Known as Bipesa) is an established provider of currency trading solutions which accelerate global access to frontier markets through an innovative infrastructure.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Finance
Job Type: Full-time
- He/she will ensure the availability of all financial information required to support management and other stakeholders in strategic decision-making.
- The responsibilities also include ensuring monthly & annual tax and statutory reports are submitted in time, manage external audits exercise, and ad hoc projects. The role will also support business partnering and development initiatives.
- The Head of Finance performs all aspects of financial management, management and regulatory financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, researching accounting policies, issued and effective IFRS for AZA entities, in different jurisdictions and in multi-currencies.
- Ensure the accuracy of regulatory budget reports and forecast.
- Monitor regulated entity capital requirements and balance sheet ratios.
- Value Added Tax, Withholding Tax, Company Income and all relevant taxes accounting and management.
- Championing tax audit and administration across entities in different jurisdiction.
- Ensuring compliance with tax and other statutory requirements in the countries we are incorporated.
- Liaising with tax consultant and regulators for tax queries resolution.
- Transfer pricing policy implementation.
- Manage and oversee individual external audit exercise.
- Work with Senior Financial Associates on delivering audit work plan and execution.
- Group consolidated audit.
- Any other duty as assigned by the Chief Operating Officer.
- Maintain complete books of records for the parent and subsidiaries entities reviewing all bookings and journals passed in the accounting software.
- Oversee Senior Finance Associates in bookkeeping and accounting functions relating to client transaction, treasury trades across entities in multi-currencies.
- Responsible for general ledger management, balance sheet account reconciliations and accounting controls for posting to the accounting software across entities.
- Provide oversight on treasury and bank statement reconciliation, reconciliation approval in multiple currencies across different countries of operations.
- Provide oversight on month end work plan, coordination, timeline management and finance/accounting concerns.
- Oversee the preparation of month end PnL, balance sheet and cashflow statement, translations and consolidation.
- Review and oversee the Inter-company/ related parties’ transactions, loans, interest expenses and reconciliation in line with the group operations guidelines.
- Provide leadership to Senior Finance Associate on volume and margin reporting, client settlement liability reconciliation, fixed asset management, depreciation, amortization, accrual and prepayment accounting.
- Experience in developing, researching, interpretation, updating implementation of accounting policies, standard operating procedures and IFRS standards issued and effective as may affect the accounting finance operations.
- Support the team in finance process automation, cost benefit analysis, accounting ratios preparation and interpretation.
- Oversee and manage the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual budget reports, budget vs actual report preparations and variance analysis.
- Financial planning & analysis duties and commentaries as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field from a well-recognised university.
- CPA or ACCA qualification.
- 7 to 9 years’ experience within finance/ corporate finance in a global environment.
- Experience working in a start-up in the Fintech industry.
- Strong background in financial management systems with a thorough understanding of financial regulations.
- Experience working for fast-growth, rapidly-scaling companies.
- Strong prioritization and time management skills.
- Flexible and results oriented.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Autonomous and works with minimal supervision.
- We value autonomy
- Environmental-friendly (we try to use as less paper as possible!)
- Opportunity for growth for all our employees
- Competitive salary
- Casual work environment
- Great work-life balance
- …and more!
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply