Job Title: Head, Learning & Development
Location : Rivers
- The Head, Learning & Development is responsible for driving and executing Learning and Organizational Development strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of, talent, skills, competency and leadership development, change management, organizational learning, learning investment and learning return on investment as well as effective learning budget management.
- The Head, Learning & Development will report directly to the Chief People Officer (CPO) on all matters and will supervise the activities of the Manager, Skills Development, Manager, Leadership Development and Manager, LMS & Instructional Design
In fulfilling his or her responsibilities, The successful Candidate will:
- Coordinate the development, delivery and evaluation of staff learning and development programs and the implementation of an annual corporate training plan, learning strategies, programs and budget;
- Drive learning and organizational development strategies including corporate academy;
- Provide learning, skill, leadership support to overall business objectives, IBCs and learning support towards employee engagement activities;
- Drive regulatory and statutory compliance in capacity building and learning delivery;
- Implement various learning methods companywide (e.g. coaching, job-shadowing, online training, classroom, role playing, practical, etc.);
- Carryout annual training needs assessment and design/develop training program based on needs analysis;
- Determine training infrastructure, including internal and external faculty; E-Learning, insourcing/outsourcing of faculties/consultants and roll out for full operations etc.;
- Develop Prepare a training policy document for the Company while contributing to the development of the framework for the Corporate Academy and its implementation;
- Implement team building and bonding programmes;
- Develop and facilitate relevant “in-house” training sessions / programs;
- Liaise with multilateral and sectoral agencies to secure training participation including total or partial funding where feasible for employees of the company;
- Other responsibilities and roles as defined by the CPO or delegated by Superior officers.
- A Bachelor's degree in any of the Social Sciences or any other relevant discipline;
- Evidence of formal training in Learning and Development;
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years’ work experience in training, employee development, consulting, leadership and organization development, five (5) of which must have been spent at Senior Management level;
- Relevant Certification will be an added advantage;
- Excellent presentation and communication skills;
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations etc.);
- Proficient in the use of IT Tools; and
- Good analytical and managerial skills.
28th March, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV/Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org