Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Information Systems Audit
Job Type: Permanent
Department: GMD’s Office
- Reporting to the Head, Internal Audit, the Internal Audit Manager heading Information Systems Audits will manage individual assigned internal audit engagements, focusing on Information technology systems and information security, which support various processes, products, and functions across the company.
- The role requires the requisite IT audit competencies, deploying IT audits and risk control frameworks and will have significant exposure to senior management within the organization.
- The individual will work and lead internal IT audit staff, or utilizing co-sourcing staff to deliver audit individual IT related audit assignments through planning, execution, reporting, audit close-out, and follow-up phases in line with the global practices and using technology tools for smart and agile audit execution.
- Plan, coordinate and execute IT audits as per the annual audit plan and support IT audit elements within other internal audit engagements
- Undertake comprehensive engagement-level planning and manage process-level IT risk assessments workshops related to each assignment
- (per audit workplans)
- Develop schedules, priorities, work procedures, and audit programs for achieving audit objectives and goals
- Assign, coach and supervise the daily activity and work of other auditors for quality assurance and adherence to audit methodologies (including co-sourced audit staff)
- Drive third line IT Audit reviews across applications, databases, operating systems, infrastructure and network including for example Windows; Linux; Oracle DB; MSSQ
- Ensure review and working paper documentation supports efficient, accurate, reliable and effective reporting and conclusions
- Ensure that findings and recommendations are clearly presented to process owner and agreed upon by management and that a subsequent draft audit report is issued promptly
- Prepare draft reports/presentations summarizing results of testing along with proper remediation recommendation
- Follow-up on outstanding management actions from past projects
- Engage with business process owners in their responsibilities regarding internal control compliance
- Develop value-adding relationships with process owners to facilitate continuous improvement
- Keep abreast of new trends in Information Technology like cloud computing, blockchain etc
- and provide expertise in IT audit methodologies and standards
- Use CAAT Tools and application of data analytics techniques for audit purpose including continuous auditing, scripts to query data tables for trends and exceptions
- Assist audit staffs in performing complex analysis in audits and reviews
- Perform other functions as assigned by Head, Internal Audit
- Bachelor’s and/or Advanced Degree in Computer Science or any related disciplines
- Professional IT Audit Qualification – CISA, and other IT risk and security certifications like CRISC, CISM and CISSP
- 10-12 years relevant experience in IT Audit (including 3 years in a managerial position)
- Prior experience working in fintech or payment services firm; Big 4 professional service firm; banking or other financial services firm, technology firms etc
- will be an advantage
- Hands-on experience in IT risk and control auditing; IT general controls and IT application controls auditing; and IT security audit
- Experience in big data analytics techniques, continuous auditing and use of CAAT for audit execution
- Good understanding of the latest IT auditing techniques and use of tools
Deadline: 10th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online