Job Title: General Manager (GM), Technical
- The GM Technical is responsible for leading technical activities and services of the company to ensure that effective and efficient power is delivered to all customers.
- By harnessing the key performance indicators of the Company’s network management, system operations, project planning, monitoring and evaluation activities, the GM Technical will drive the right collaboration with executive management and other key touch point departments and Integrated Business Centres (IBCs) to achieve the annual operating budget and plan.
- The GM Technical will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) on all matters and will supervise the activities of the Heads; Network Management, System Operations and Project Planning.
In fulfilling his or her responsibilities, The successful Candidate will:
- Lead the technical activities of the company to ensure effective and efficient power delivery to customers;
- Coordinate with and receive operational reports from the Heads of Network management, network operations and project planning technical operations to ensure link with KPIs and performance goals;
- Establish standards and procedures to ensure proper functioning and safety in distribution, protection and control systems;
- Develop and recommend new and innovative working practices within the distribution technical departments in order to achieve increased efficiency, quality of service, customer satisfaction and sustainability;
- Lead the development and execution of an effective predictive and preventive maintenance plan to reduce unanticipated downtime;
- Advice the CEO on pre-emptive actions to be taken;
- Drive the development of policies and procedures to enhance the sustainability of the Company’s distribution network;
- Lead the regular review and analysis of distribution network data/status for the purpose of preparing periodic reports for management;
- Provide direction and closely monitor the distribution network performance and make recommendations for improvement or corrective actions
- Liaise with regulatory and other stakeholders on technical issues;
- Lead the strategic electrical distribution projects to ensure that the Company’s services reach all existing and potential industrial and domestic customers;
- Oversee the implementation of change management processes in areas of functional responsibility;
- Lead the development of annual work plan and financial budget and monitor their implementation in line with the business plan.
- A first degree in Electrical Engineering from a reputable tertiary Institution;
- Masters’ in Business Administration (MBA) will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of Seventeen (17) years’ work experience with at least ten (10) at Senior Management level;
- Knowledge of the Electricity Distribution market;
- Must be registered with the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN);
- Must have proven work experience with a similar Electricity Distribution Company;
- Proven change manager with excellent operational and people management skills gained in challenging conditions;
- Excellent communication skills;
Good analytical and managerial skills.
16th May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV/Resume to: email@example.com