The Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC Plc), is a reputable Electricity Distribution Company in Nigeria (backed by international investors and shareholders).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Functional Officer, Information Technology Audit
- The purpose of the Information Technology Audit is to assure management that IT audit practices comply with company procedures and government regulations.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Involved in the planning and execution of internal audit procedures and the creation of internal audit reports.
- Examines internal IT controls, evaluates the design and operational effectiveness, determines exposure to risk and develops remediation strategies.
- Assists in the performance of general application control reviews for simple to complex computer information systems.
- Studies, scrutinizes and checks the accounts, audit and software records of the company in order to get a rough idea about the fiscal condition of the same in relation to its executed software and IT business operations.
- Ensures that all controls put in place by the organization are being followed adequately.
- Examines the functional and usable data on various computer networks and systems of the company to ensure that the information systems are processed properly, resulting in benefitting the organization.
- Provides enhancements in controls, policies and procedures.
- Performs audit to identify the weaknesses in a systems network and creates an action plan to prevent security breaches in the technology.
- To ensure success, an IT Auditor must be capable of maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive information while working with a variety of technologies, security problems and troubleshooting of the network.
Education & Knowledge
- First degree in MIS, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Data security and analytical experience; Programming and high knowledge in use of SQL for analytical purposes.
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience
- Knowledge to write reports, knowledge of laws and regulations in force based on what company operates.
- Professional Certification in CISA/other related certification will be an added advantage.
Required Skills & Competencies:
- Integrity and profesionalism
- Comunication skills
- Proffesional skills for writting audit reports
- Self motivation and self initiative
- Skills to do analyses and statistics
- Proffesional knowledge of interpretation of laws and regulations in force
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Application Closing Date
8th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
The Cover Letter should be addressed to:
The MD / CCE,
Abuja Electricity Distribution Company Plc,
No.1 Ziquinchor Street, Off IBB Way
Wuse Zone 4 – FCT, Abuja.
Attention: The Executive Director, Corporate Services.
- All applications should include curriculum vitae and a cover letter.
- The subject of your email should be “Position applied for.” Failure to follow the instructions will lead to disqualification of your application.