We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fleet and Equipment Maintenance Officer
- The Fleet and equipment Maintenance Officer’s responsibilities include supervising a technician (mechanic) team responsible for preventive maintenance/repair of a fleet, repair/maintenance and providing direction to technicians to ensure that all repairs/maintenance to equipment (trucks – diesel and alternate fuel, containers and other heavy duty equipment) are performed in compliance with Company safety and compliance standards, and with all federal and state regulations.
- The Fleet Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for planning and scheduling repair work for the work group to ensure that all work is done in a safe and timely manner, reducing lost productivity.
- Ensures safe and reliable vehicles are available to meet operational requirements.
- Conducts fleet evaluations to ensure maintenance standards are met
- Updates and submits required reports in a timely manner.
- Lead and provide technicians assigned to work group to ensure that all repair and maintenance work is performed in a safe, efficient and timely manner.
- Monitor operational performance and efficiency and take action to redirect activities appropriately.
- Maintain equipment records in accordance with federal, state and local laws, policy or regulation.
- Review/process purchase requisitions for parts and supplies; review vendor bid responses for tools, equipment, parts and services; monitor expenditures.
- Report to management on performance; make recommendations for process/programmatic changes for improvement or efficiencies.
- Supervise technicians in maintenance and all technician levels on performance/corrective action.
- Perform inspections of outside repairs to ensure all work was properly completed in accordance with Company’s safety and compliance procedures.
- Conduct Quality Control Inspections, track issues and resolution to ensure all work is properly completed in accordance with Company’s safety and compliance procedures
- Oversee maintenance shop inventory control system to ensure necessary equipment and parts levels are maintained and purchases are within budget. Review and approve expenses that are within scope of approval level; refer larger expenses or major repairs to manager as appropriate
- Maintain advanced knowledge of engine, emission systems, transmission, brake, hydraulic and electrical systems to perform advanced preventive and repair maintenance functions on heavy equipment and vehicles used by Company, on site and on the road, including: engine chassis repair and maintenance; knowledge of vehicle body control systems, including hydraulics and electrical systems to maintain and repair vehicles in a timely and safe manner; knowledge of heating and knowledge of welding tools to fix heavy equipment in a safe and efficient manner to ensure equipment is back in good condition
- OND, HND BSc or any relevant qualification
- Process oriented
- Ability to work as a team
- Good knowledge of truck, cars equipment
31st July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the "Job Title" as subject of the email.