We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Services Risk and Regulation – Manager
Location : Nigeria
Job type: Permanent
- PwC’s Financial Services Risk and Regulation (FSRR) Practice advises financial services firms on a variety of risk and regulation related issues (financial, market, operational, credit, regulatory etc.) with a view to maximizing returns on investments and shareholders’ value.
- We work with a broad range of corporate and public organizations to develop robust financial risk management frameworks that satisfy compliance demands, contribute to better decision making and enhance performance. Our strength is our ability to operate across all the stages of design, execution and implementation of all risk management and regulatory compliance arrangements.
- The scope of our work covers the full spectrum of financial risks such as enterprise risk management, credit risk, market risk, operational risk and liquidity risk; regulatory and economic capital, stress testing, risk modeling and validation; capital and liquidity adequacy assessment, risk analytics etc.
- There is a particular emphasis currently on the implementation of Basel II/III and other current local and international regulatory and risk management initiatives.
- The Manager will work closely with Senior Managers, Directors and Partners across the firm to deliver FSRR engagements to PwC’s financial services clients. This role may require frequent travels out of Lagos, where the team is based.
The successful candidate will lead and manage multiple teams in the following areas:
- Design, review and implement enterprise risk framework and risk policy documents for financial services clients.
- Prepare, review and update Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) and Internal Liquidity Adequacy Assessment Process (ILAAP) for clients.
- Collaborate with other teams within PwC to prepare, review and update Recovery and Resolution Planning (RRP) for systemically important banks and other financial institutions.
- Support banks and other financial institutions with the implementation of Basel II&III accords.
- Provide expertise advice on development of risk analytics solutions and reporting dashboard.
- Advise our financial services clients on their financial risk models, policies and governance.
- Participate in business development activities and maintain good relationship with clients.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing and provide inputs for the development of thought leadership in financial risk and regulations.
- Manage multiple FSRR engagements and project economics.
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME), advising and supporting our financial services clients with regard to risk management and regulatory compliance.
- Manage/oversee project teams, identify development needs within the teams, and build competence through mentoring, coaching and knowledge transfer.
- A good University Degree with a minimum of Second Class Upper division.
- Completed Master’s Degree preferably in Financial Risk Management, Finance, Econometrics, Mathematics or other quantitative areas of study
- A recognised professional certification such as FRM/CFA/PRM will be an added advantage.
- At least 6 years’ work experience in the financial services industry, preferably in a major bank, consultancy firm or regulatory agency.
- Expertise and hands-on experience in at least one of FRM’s core areas, e.g. Basel II/III, credit risk, market and liquidity risk, operational risk, capital and liquidity adequacy assessment.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Motivated and committed
- Strong project management and coordination skills.
- Client service-oriented and accustomed to taking a proactive approach.
- Deep content knowledge in credit, operational, market and liquidity risk management.
- Expertise in Basel II/III & Solvency II derived principally from Basel II/Solvency II implementation project experience.
- Strong technology and model building skills with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Pro-active and entrepreneurial spirit, in combination with strong team work ethics.
- Ability to build strong, long-term relationships with key client contacts across lines of service and work closely with C-suite executives.
- Ability to leverage resources within the PwC network, and collaborate with strategic third parties to develop and implement new and existing market propositions across our services industry.
- Ability to develop people through effective mentoring and coaching of team members.
- Flexibility to support other service areas beyond your core areas of competence.
22nd February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online