- Company: Netcom Africa Limited
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
Netcom has been Nigeria’s leading Internet Service Provider since 2004, staying ahead of the competition with cutting edge platforms in VSAT, WIMAX, Radio, and Fiber technology. Now, a pioneer in Business Transformation Solutions, we empower organizations to lead their market space by keeping pace with the rapid changes in IT innovations, ensuring relevance to specific business initiatives required to maximize revenue generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Field Service Supervisor
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- Responsible for the day-to-day service delivery operations and complementing the delivery of field related Netcom Services to our clientele in collaboration with other service delivery units or departments.
- The job holder will ensure harmonious, efficient, timely delivery and be able to maintain synergy with team members and other units.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Ensure timely delivery of assigned field related tasks as a managed Service Provider that provides the services listed below but not limited to:
- Security Services
- Enterprise Security Applications
- Connectivity Services
Activities related to Field services in the areas below, but not limited to:
- Preventive and Corrective Maintenance
- Technical assistance to our partners
- Related technical support to our internal and external clients.
- Implement and ensure mandatory Safety-First policy to be adhered to.
- Equip and ensure FSE staff is to sport essential PPE in any activity in the field.
- Ensure that staff adheres to timely agreed client schedule.
- Provides real-time updates to HOD on assigned task of the team.
- Ensures that the team presents themselves to the clientele in every activity being carried out at commencement of onsite task and acknowledged completion.
- Submits to the HOD timely activity reports.
- Ensure that all activities carried out are according to company defined standards.
Provides useful feedback on any improvements on the following areas;
- Work Instructions
- Field related work improvements (frontliner experience)
- Service improvements (frontliner experience)
- Conducts regular training and instructions to all FSE engineers and technical personnel.
Education and / or Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical / Communications / Engineering or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience in the telecoms and ISP industry with at least 3 years in a supervisory role.
Essential Traits / Skills / Knowledge:
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office Applications as a tool requirement for creating reports and statistics.
- Basic Engineering knowledge and practice.
- RF engineering/installation knowledge and use of basic measurement equipment and tools.
- Customer oriented/focused in delivering services (field related works).
- Good communications skills (English and native) both oral and written to be able to deliver instructions to internal and external clients.
- Excellent team player and leader to the team.
- Excellent assessment skills to be able to deduce recommendations and translate to action.
Able to use, operate, assess, and interpret gathered data from
- Data Tester
- Spectrum analyzer
- Ground tester
- Multi-meter, Voltage and current
- BW tester
- PC and test applications
- Proficient in the use of communication tools for real-time reporting/updating.
- Knowledge and practice in Project Management to be able to deliver timely and economically.
Desirable Traits / Skills / Knowledge:
- Knowledge in IT related activities.
- Knowledge in Management/Supervising, networking, and monitoring.
- Knowledge and experience in basic electrical circuits and mechanical support facilities with hands-on preferred.
- Knowledge in telecom power systems with hands-on preferred.
Application Closing Date