Field Operator at a Reputable EPC Company – Michael Stevens Limited
Michael Stevens Limited – Our client, a reputable EPC Company requires for immediate employment suitable candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Field Operator
Location : Rivers
- Operator of flow station, gas stations and associated assets in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with stipulated guidelines.
- Manage day-to-day production operations field activities and manage safety and environmental issues.
- Monitor, control and record production rates and performance.
- Start-up wells and facilities (hot and cold start).
- Perform basic troubleshooting on wells and facilities to ensure stability.
- Prepare the wells and facilities/equipment for (re) commencement of production/processing.
- Perform monthly well test and sampling of producing wells.
- Measure, validate and report production volumes accurately
- Carryout ad-hoc annulus pressure monitoring of all wells in the production unit.
- Perform periodic well integrity assurance tasks and activities (both well’s flow-wetted and non-flow-wetted components)
- Perform daily first line monitoring of process parameters and variables.
- Gather daily production data, determine the production performance.
- Ensure optimized chemical injection rates are followed as advised.
- Observe local instruments, gauges, and meters to verify conformance to standard operating practice.
- Responsible for preparing equipment for maintenance including isolation, draining, steaming, and other procedures as required.
- Execute routine production and maintenance operations and minor non-routine production and Maintenance activities as directed by his Team Leader
- Responsible for preparation such as plant isolation etc., for day-to-day maintenance work.
- Perform daily check and minor maintenance based on the check list etc.
- Collaborate with the maintenance team on assigned tasks and activities.
- Take requested samples for analyses, take and record field data requested for general monitoring of plant performance
- Participate in monthly CASHES meeting and daily toolbox meeting.
- OND in a Science / Engineering related discipline
- 10 to 15 years hands-on experience in field production operations in a reputable oil and gas company.
- Ability to work with a multi-discipline production team.
- Possession of General HSE certificate and CWI experience will be an added advantage.
- Facility safety enforcement including Risk identification/mitigation, work crew communication and buddy system
- Knowledge in safe work practices and use of SOPs
- Flowstation and Gasplant operations including Well testing, APM, Facility start-up, stabilization, monitoring and shutdown.
- Deep knowledge of wellhead systems (installation, completion and testing/troubleshooting of various components and seals)
- Experience in operations of field Control and safeguarding systems (pneumatic, hydraulic and electronic) including sensors,
- transmitters, actuators and valves.
- Knowledge in fluid dynamics and mechanics.
- Interpretation of process engineering flow schemes and process drawings.