The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is the global humanitarian organization of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Through an international network, ADRA delivers relief and development assistance to individuals in more than 130 countries-regardless of their ethnicity, political affiliation, or religious association. By partnering with communities, organizations, and governments, ADRA is able to improve the quality of life of millions through 9 impact areas.
- The job is found primarily in ADRA Field based Offices and jobholders typically report to Field Team Leader.
- The reporting lines may change depending on the size of the operation and may report directly to State coordinators.
- At this level work is carried out under minimum supervision.
- Jobholders are expected to produce organized and accurate monitoring and evaluation technical work and reports on daily basis.
- Will be requested to provide guidance on standard practices and processes to other partners and stakeholders and may have direct interactions with the beneficiaries on daily basis and counterparts in their area of work.
- Monitor the planned movements and distribution of food or non-food items, cash transfers and reporting issues or discrepancies to the Field supervisor for timely resolution of problems and to ensure that the quantity distributed and the quality of the operation is in line with required standards.
- To perform monitoring activities within a specific coverage area and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance programs to beneficiaries.
- Maintain information records and monitoring plan documentation, such as records of commodity movements, warehouses management systems, distribution processes, selection criteria and other procedural checklists, in order to assist in the effective delivery of assistance to targeted beneficiaries.
- In accordance with clear direction, collate assistance program(s) data in order to support program reviews and informative decision-making by ADRA and other stakeholders.
- Liaise with other partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support program reviews and improve services.
- Receive and collate comments and feedback from cooperating partners, and beneficiaries, to support identifying programmatic issues with a view to fostering efficient operations and compliancy with standards.
- Provide guidance for cooperating partners on donor operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to complete self-monitoring tasks.
- Prepare field monitoring reports and share to them with Field Team Leader for documentation.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures for emergency food assistance.
- First degree in International Development, Social Science, Economics or related field is desired.
- Relevant experience in project management, field monitoring, evaluation design, assessments, empirical and statistical analysis, management information systems and/or information management design is required.
- At least more than one year of working in humanitarian responses and donor funded programs reporting requirements is a must.
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
- Strong attention to detail, and statistical, analytical, and visual capabilities for various data types.
- Ability to use advanced data collection tools/gadgets and interpret coded data generated by data colleting gadgets like Kobo tool.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Good communication skills; fluency in English and Hausa (speaking & writing);
Terms and Conditions
- For back ground checks -On your CV, please include three (3) professional references with their name, title, company, relationship to you, email address, and telephone number.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications in English only, via: firstname.lastname@example.org Indicate the Location you are willing to be posted in your mail subject.
Note : All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability and sexual orientation. Qualifying female applicants are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com