Olam International is a leading food and agri-business supplying food, ingredients, feed and fibre to 19,800 customers worldwide. Our value chain spans over 60 countries and includes farming, processing and distribution operations, as well as a sourcing network of an estimated 4.8 million farmers.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Engineering Manager
Ilorin West, Kwara
Employment Type: Full Time
- To organize and control all aspects of the maintenance function of process, utilities & plant infra to the required company standards.
- The incumbent would be responsible for plant maintenance of Fish feed & Poultry feed mills belonging to Animal feed business in Ilorin.
- Set up & run Preventive Maintenance programme for both mills & ensure its effectiveness through adherence checks against schedule to maximize equipment availability
- Coordinate with direct reportees to maintain and administer all personnel records and systems relating to employees (excluding records of sickness, absenteeism and holidays etc)
- Review maintenance performance through daily, weekly & monthly meetings with team members & relevant stake holders
- Drive team engagement through team building practices, case studies & informal gatherings
- Maintain a Statutory calendar covering all the Statutory inspections for the Plant covering Utilities & Infra
- Review Repair & maintenance expenses & devise strategies to manage the actual costs against the allotted budget
- Initiate ideation process within the team to generate value addition projects on reliability, process, efficiency & safety improvements & make plans for implementation
- Execute minor & major Capex projects for the plant as per the agreed timelines & budget
- Maintain good report & interpersonal connect with all peers & senior stake holders in the business for effective management of the department
- Ensure breakdowns are duly attended & RCA & CAPA is carried out to prevent re-occurence
- Drive team capabilities to achieve the maintenance targets through structured problem solving, improvement interventions etc
- Ensure team is trained & maintained on the EHS standards for all the jobs & processes
- Ensure team follows correct codes of practice, both statutory and advisory
- Ensure an effective Engineering spare management through Safety stock reviews & proactive ordering on time
- Regular site inspection and maintaining a training calendar for the team to improve the overall technical capabilities
- Cost-effectively manage external contractors – seek to challenge their costs and performance to ensure cost-effective yet quality service
What we seek:
- Bachelors’ degree in mechanical/electrical engineering, QEHS, HACCP related certification job-related courses and training preferred
- Good at MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Work Experience: from 03 years in production supervision in Food Manufacturing industry
- Knowledge in quality standards HACCP, ISO.
- 8-10 years of experience in handling plant maintenance, utilities and projects
- Good in English communication
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply