Egbin Power Plc (Sahara Group) Recruits Graduate Procurement Officer
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Job Type: Full Time
- To be responsible for the planning, selecting and buying necessary tools, spare parts, equipment and associated logistics to various business units; work flexibly across all categories of expenditure.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To quickly and effectively identify suitable suppliers and vendors upon receipt of any request for equipment or services
- To issue request for quotation for all major equipment and services supplies.
- To be able to present technical and financial comparison sheets for different tenders for major or expensive equipment.
- To ensure a follow-up of all client instructions and agreements according to prices negotiation and conditions for the delivery time of all purchased material
- To inspect or organize and ensure inspection of all incoming goods.
- To check for approval of all incoming invoices for equipment and services
- To set-up and maintain up-to-date library of suppliers and products and services catalogs.
- Ensure availability of the right quality and quantity of the material required in the plant
- Coordination with stores, inventory management and user departments
- Optimize procurement lead time and cost of materials procured within the guideline and control parameters
- Implementation of corporate policies related to contracts and materials
- Monitor vendors to ensure contractual obligations are timely met
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to prevent non- mechanical and mechanical l materials from being out of stock
Education and Work Experience
- University Degree (Bachelor’s degree in Engineering will be an added advantage)
- Entry Level only (Prior work experience in procurement/supply chain will be an added advantage)
- Talent in collecting and analyzing data
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Excellent Computer Appreciation Skills
- Systematic and methodical minded
- Cost Awareness
- Knowledge of contract and commercial law
- The ideal candidate should be looking to build a career in supply chain and working towards obtaining a certification in Supply Chain Management
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online