Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intends to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Education and livelihood Officer
Borno with frequent visits to project locations
Line Manager: Program Manager
Officer Line Manager + 1 : HEAD OF MISSION
Contract: 3 month (with to project locations possible extension)
Expected hiring date: ASAP
Scope Of Work
- SIF Nigeria is currently expanding its livelihood and education portfolio in the northeast of the country. A priority outcome for the country program is that that for Livelihood, vulnerable families have their livelihood restored and restore back the dignity of this vulnerable families while for education, girls and boys are enroll in and attend safe, functioning, responsive education services. SIF aims to build School infrastructure and enhance the quality of education through curriculum improvements in formal institutions, with a particular focus on building literacy, numeracy and social and emotional skills.
- The Education & Livelihood Officer will be responsible for implementation of education and Livelihood activities under the direct supervision of SIF Program Manager. S/he will ensure that project activities are delivered on time, contribute to strategic objectives of the program in close coordination with the program Manager. The Education and Livelihood officer will supervise the field associate, providing supervision and guidance in line with agreed performance objectives.
Role in the Organization:
- The tasks below are not exhaustive and due to the nature of the role, mission and organization, flexibility is required.
Education Project implementation Responsibilities
- Oversee the implementation of SIF education activities in camps and host communities
- Ensure that the identification of schools, teachers and volunteer members is conducted in a responsible manner, adhering to relevant policies and standards.
- In collaboration with SIF Program Manager, develop actionable work plans to ensure the timely implementation of project activities.
- Monitor progress towards the objectives and intended outputs of projects using routine data, spot checks, observation, and other methodologies.
- Keep abreast of the changing operational environment, including organization of assessments and identification of changing beneficiary needs.
- Provide regular written and verbal reports on education activities to supervisor, senior management, project partners
- In collaboration with the supervisor, review Budget vs. Actual expenditures on a monthly basis, providing relevant feedback to the finance department and adjusting activities as required.
Livelihood Project Responsibilities
Activity planning, implementation and follow-up:
- Assist in project elaboration: needs assessments, beneficiary selection, proposal of actions.
Assist in activity planning, implementation and follow-up. More specifically:
- Distribution activities (cash grants and starter kits, others);
- Technical trainings for beneficiaries on Income-Generating
- Support the identification of main market-driven activities for women.
- Participate in planning/ progress review meetings with local authorities, community leaders, partners, working groups, etc.
- Provide programmatic inputs to working groups and participate in the drafting of donor or ad-hoc reports.
- Assist in data collection/ monitoring/ evaluation and participate in the roll out of new tools/ processes for livelihood activities.
- Ensure supporting documentation is properly stored.
- Assist in the improvement of SIF livelihood strategy by identifying challenges, solutions, success stories and new opportunities for programming.
- Perform other duties when required.
Qualifications and Experiences
- University degree in Business Education Management; advanced degree preferred.
- At least three years of relevant professional experience with an international or civil society organization, including direct implementation of education/Livelihood programming
- Experience in teaching and teacher professional development preferred
- Experience working with displaced or otherwise marginalized communities required
- Strong verbal communication skills and effective in representation and liaison with external actors
- Excellent spoken and technical writing ability in English, including report writing
- Excellent computer skills in programs including MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook
- A Good knowledge of Kanuri Language
- Ability to work under pressure in challenging working and living conditions
- Willingness to travel extensively in northeast Nigeria, including to remote and/or insecure locations.
- Under the guidance of the SIF Program Manager, provide technical supervision and guidance to field associates, Volunteers and implementing partners as required.
- Ensure that all education and Livelihood activities adhere to agreed technical standards, protocols, policies and guidelines, as outlined by the SIF, the Federal Ministry of Education and related State Ministries, Agencies and Departments.
- In collaboration with SIF Program Manager, Promote the quality of education and Livelihood activities by setting up quality assurance mechanisms and checks in collaboration with other staff.
- Oversee training, coaching and on-going support of teachers in order to improve instructional.
- Ensure that training materials and curricula are of high quality
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: SIF Program Manager
- Position directly supervises: Field Associates, Volunteers
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]