The organisation seeks to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to be part of the management team of the organization in the position below:
Job Title: Director of Programmes and Research
Location: Northern Nigeria
- The Director of Programmes and Research reports to the Managing Director who is the Chief Executive Officer and works closely with the MD and the Director of Administration and Finance to realize the mission and vision of the Foundation.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Design, development, and implementation of Foundation strategies; ensure progress toward strategy goals.
- Monitor and evaluate the progress of work to ensure the Foundations goals are met.
- Securing funding, programme development and administration, undertaking, and overseeing research. Provide intellectual content and direction in the organization
- Build and strengthen the research and programme teams.
- Undertake and or oversee high quality research and publications relevant to the programmes’ focus of the Foundation
- Work with the MD to vigorously pursue fund raising
- Develop and manage partnerships with research institutions and funding agencies
- Engage, commission and oversee authors for the Foundation’s publications
- Institute evaluation and learning for all programmes and projects
- Ensure the implementation of all projects and programmes
- In the absence of the MD, the person could, at the instance of the MD/CEO deputize and represent the Foundation at the senior levels of government, with stakeholders and at global gatherings.
- Liaise with government officials, private sector, and civil society.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the MD/CEO.
- Must possess a minimum of Master's Degree in any of the Humanities, Social Sciences. A Ph.D is an advantage.
- Should have a minimum of seven (7 years) post qualification working experience in the field of research, programming and nongovernmental organisations
- Experienced in cross disciplinary research initiatives and collaboration.
- Have a track record of publications in reputable journals and other forms of publications.
- Must have a demonstrated capacity for conceptualising programmes, programme management, monitoring and evaluation, and fund raising.
- Must be skilled in written and oral communication in the English Language.
- Must have a strong capacity for networking with people from all walks of life, the NGO world as well as governmental agencies in pursuance of common objectives of service to humanity Well-developed understanding of the priorities, operation, and strategy of relevant funding bodies as evidenced by a track record of funded research and program work.
- Literate and versatile in internet communication skills. Must be target driven, achievement motivated, and requiring minimum supervision and enjoy frequent long-distance travels by road or any oth& means available.
- Must be ready to work at odd hours or days, including holidays
- Demonstrate a strong ethical and integrity standard.
- This position is tenured for four years in the first instance and renewable for another final four years subject to performance and discretion of the Board of Trustees.
4.00pm, 27th September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are to upload scanned copies of all relevant documents, including a written Application, a detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of academic and where applicable, professional credentials, record of employment, and names and addresses of three referees with telephone numbers by email to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.