Corporate Governance & Compliance Officer at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) - Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, the Ikeja Electric (IE), Nigeria's largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Corporate Governance & Compliance Officer
Job Type: Full time
Reporting To: Governance & Compliance Manager
- This role is responsible for providing specialist advice, support and to drive Corporate Governance and Compliance, thereby ensuring the efficient operation of the Ikeja Electric’s decision-making mechanisms and that our operations follow the legal and regulatory requirements as it relates to our business and industry.
- Develop, implement and manage the compliance framework to achieve the Company’s goal of regulatory compliance at all times.
- Ensure information flow to internal and external stakeholders are reliable, correct and approved in line with regulatory requirements and business sustainability at all times.
- Ensure compliance and timely delivery of all routine and ad hoc reports per Ikeja Electric’s regulatory obligations.
- Classify various stakeholders and understand regulatory or contractual relationship (orders, codes statutes or agreements etc.) thereby developing a framework to highlight duties, obligations, roles, penalties, remedies, dispute resolution, risk and mitigation strategy in line with governance and compliance expectations.
- Conduct periodic compliance assessments of the Company’s adherence to laws, regulations, orders, policies and processes.
- Ensure continuous awareness of all staff and other stakeholders of Ikeja Electric on governance and regulatory requirements – via training and newsletters.
- Develop and review policies and processes.
- Advise Management on the company’s compliance with laws and regulations, and their impact through detailed reports/advisory memos.
- Provision of operational support and practical advice, geared towards effective and efficient management of the company’s regulatory compliance risks.
- Develop the Company’s annual Sustainability Report.
- Provide company secretarial support.
- Prepare management reports regarding compliance operations.
- Coordinate and/or oversee regulatory submissions and reporting activities.
- Track all issues referred to compliance up to and including resolution.
- Implement, manage and embed a corporate governance and compliance framework for Ikeja Electric and ensure that there are policies, processes, procedures and risk management guidelines required to maximize shareholders and stakeholder values.
- Whistle blowing management.
- A Degree in Law and professional certification from the Nigerian Law School.
- A minimum of 1 year of cognate experience in corporate governance, compliance, corporate/commercial law or a relevant discipline such as risk management, internal control, ethics management, or internal audit
- Corporate Administration – (Policy development, formulation and implementation)
- Stakeholder management – (Negotiation and Conflict resolution)
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry
- Ability to work under pressure and multi task effectively.
- Good Verbal communication & interpersonal Skills.
- Attention to Detail.
- Business Focus
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 3rd January, 2022.