Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Mobilization and Capacity Building Officer (Local Government – Niger)
: Niger, Nigeria
Job Type: Contract
- Support the mobilization of women into affinity groups, ensuring that the process is inclusive and engages a broad range of actors, such as Government Institutions, (NGOs), Faith-Based Organizations (FBOs) etc., to collaborate with them for project implementation
- Design and conduct training on community development and empowerment to the Ward Facilitation Staff working with the project as required
- Mobilize and encourage the community leaders to improve community involvement in the project
- Establish and maintain and a project grievance mechanism that is accessible to members of all communities that are targeted by the project
- Prepare semi-annual (six month) progress reports in the area under his/her responsibility
- Contribute towards the analysis of general socio-economic conditions of the selected wards, as well as in the formulation of methodology for replication of lessons learned
- Support the identification of existing women groups in the community, assess their practices/mode of operation, and existing interventions beneficial to the women groups
- Advice Ward Facilitators on the use of participatory and informed social mobilization strategies to identify excluded women to facilitate mobilization of women into Women Affinity Groups at the community level
- Assist in the development and delivery of training modules on life skills and psycho-social training to trainers to WAGs members
- Advise and support the implementation of strategies to avoid elite capture and exclusion as part of project formation
- Develop and design the strategy for systematic tracking of the WAGs members in various communities
- Support the project in the area of knowledge transfer and institutionalization
- Assist and advise in the preparation of state workplans
- Perform any other task that may be assigned by the project.
- Three to five years of experience in Social and community Mobilization and organising trainings for groups and individuals at all levels.
- Experience working at the grassroots level
- Knowledge of project LGAs.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences (Sociology, Anthropology) or in a related field is recommended but can be substituted for added experience working on community mobilization and social issues at the grassroots level
- Ability to work with communities from various social, religious and cultural backgrounds
- Good communication written and oral skills.
- Ability to work with communities from various social, religious and cultural backgrounds.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online