Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Child Protection in Emergencies Specialist
Type of Role: 13-month Fixed-term Unaccompanied posting
Reports to: Country Director
- Plan International Nigeria is seeking an experienced Child Protection in Emergencies (CPiE) Specialist to manage and lead on the child protection and child survivors of Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV) portfolio as part of Plan International Nigeria’s Response to the Crisis in North-East Nigeria.
- CPiE is one of the main pillars of Plan International Nigeria’s responses to the humanitarian crisis in North-East Nigeria and a crucial component of the Regional Lake Chad Programme Strategy of Plan International in West and Central Africa.
- The position will ensure quality child protection programming across the states of Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states. S/he will lead the design of CPiE and child survivors of Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV) programs and interventions through the development of a CPiE strategy and working with business development to properly resource the CPiE portfolio.
- S/he will manage strategic partnerships and external relationships with coordination and donors. Working closely with the Emergency Response Manager and the project team, the role will lead on effective delivery of Child protection commitment in the humanitarian response.
Do you have what it takes?
- Minimum of 5 years (of which at least 2 in the field) of progressively responsible professional experience in child protection in emergencies work.
- Demonstrable technical expertise in implementing community-based child protection responses.
- Experience with participatory learning approaches.
- Experience of conducting child protection assessments in emergency contexts.
- Experience of training on child protection technical areas with a variety of audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Demonstrated ability to network and liaise with major food assistance donors
- Excellent project design, participatory monitoring and evaluation skills
- Excellent communication skills: well argued plans for response that can be justified and delivered, persuasive of others.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrates leadership and is able to support and train local and international staff and also able to work with disaster affected communities in a sensitive and participatory manner.
- Excellent negotiation, representation, skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff in a very sensitive environment.
- Ability to operate at advanced levels of authority and manage significant activities, budgets, and resources to produce and take responsibility for results
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work cooperatively.
- Proven ability to solve problems independently without direct supervision.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational and work prioritization skills and attention to detail
- Good facilitation skills and ability to deliver induction briefing/training.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels, and to maintain this under pressure.
- Ability to work with limited supervision from line manager.
- Competitive salary and package available.
Application Closing Date
26th July, 2020.
Anticipated 1st Round Interview Date
29th & 30th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online