The Murtala Muhammed Foundation (MMF) is a not-for profit organization founded with the mission of improving the living conditions of Africans by implementing projects contributing to the reduction of poverty, empowerment of women, elimination of conflict, development of rural-communities, and promotion of self-reliance and development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Centre Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Programme Officer
- Murtala Muhammed Foundation (MMF) is opening a Middle Childhood and Youth Centre in Northeast Nigeria, Chibok, Borno State specifically, where young people can incubate ideas, develop or upgrade their skills, enhance their leadership capacity, build-up their value system and they can also be linked with various opportunities.
- The young people are provided with mentorship and out-of-school or after-school programmes. The Centre Manager manages the administrative and overall day-to-day running of the centre
Responsibilities and Functions
- Oversee the Middle Childhood and Youth Center activities for ages 10-24.
- Ensures a safe and conducive environment for children, youth, volunteers, staff and visiting guests that promote the values of the organization.
- Leads or delegates a variety of middle childhood and youth programmes.
- Monitor and coordinate the various activities in the Centre
- Oversee and manage all data as well as Plan and coordinate outcomes and success stories collection.
- Support the engagement of stakeholders in the Northeast.
- Coordinate the Community Sensitizations, outreaches and networking activities in the communities in the North-East.
- Assist in the translation of Community sensitization/Outreach materials to Hausa Language
- Liaise with beneficiaries of MMF’s supports in the North-East
- Supervise personnel (youth volunteers, youth workers, skills trainers etc.), establish work schedules, coordinate with vendors/agencies, and develop and manage annual budgets.
- Submit highly programmatic reports
- Handling daily ad hoc responsibilities
- Other duties tasks assigned
Job Qualifications and Skills
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 1 year of experience managing youth development programmes.
- Has worked as a part of a “team” and has a background in dealing with a wide variety of people of different age groups and cultures.
Behavioural and Technical Competencies:
- Strong problem-solving skills and initiative.
- Ability to perform responsibilities in a self-directed environment.
- Ability to manage change effectively and to be flexible.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills (able to manage calendar and files well)
- Good working knowledge of computer software including email, word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Ability to speak English, Hausa and Kanuri Fluently.
- Project Management
- Ability to prioritize work and demand
Application Closing Date
11th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only qualified applicants will be contacted.