Acronis is a world leader in cyber protection - empowering people by providing them with cutting-edge technology that enables them to monitor, control, and protect the data that their businesses and lives depend on.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: C Developer (Acronis Cyber Infrastructure)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
We are currently looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our engineering team in our R&D center. The goal of this team is implementing complex, high load technologies related to the Acronis Backup Gateway as a part of the Acronis Cyber Infrastructure, hyper-converged infrastructure solution. The Backup Gateway is responsible for:
- Providing access to shared storage for different users
- Supporting different storage types: Acronis Archive Storage, S3 Object Storage and NFS
- Guaranteeing high availability and great performance with means of geo-replication and proxy engine
- Data migration and load balancing
- Backup Gateway is on a critical path for the most of Acronis scenarios. While the component is relatively small, its influence is great and we look for responsible people who could write great code and think systemically.
- Every member of our “A-Team” has an instrumental role and impact on the success of Acronis’ innovative and growing business, so we are looking for someone who enjoys working in dynamic, global teams and thrives in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment.
- Just like everyone at Acronis, the ideal candidate will embody all of our company values: responsive, alert, detail-oriented, makes decisions, and never gives up.
What You'll Do
- Develop and maintain Backup Gateway component in C
- Tune protocols/implementation for the better performance
- Communicate with support engineers and Data Center Operations to solve production problems
- Suggest new features, algorithms and tools to grow component maturity level
- Look for simpler but more powerful solutions; be in love with performance but avoid preliminary optimizations
- Think proactively: not only fix that bug but write new tests and extend diagnostics; not only develop this feature but design how it would be operated and tested.
What You Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
- 2+ years of development
- Excellent C
- Experience in popular programming principles (Defensive programming, Fail-Fast, Information Hiding, Command-Query separation, etc)
- Experience in popular engineering tools - Git, Jenkins, Docker
- Basic algorithms (queues, hash tables, rb trees)
- Golang would be plus
- ELK and Graphana would be plus
- Good interpersonal, written communication skills in English
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online