Boiler Operator at Olam Sanyo Foods Limited
Olam International Limited (“Olam”) and Sanyo Foods Co. Limited of Japan (“Sanyo Foods”) today announced that they have agreed to set up a joint venture company (“JV”) in Nigeria to manufacture and distribute instant noodles in Nigeria and across sub-Saharan Africa. Sanyo Foods will invest US$20 million in cash, for a 25.5% equity interest through issue of new shares by the JV that will house Olam’s instant noodles assets and business in Nigeria. Olam will hold the balance majority ownership of 74.5% in the JV with management control. The consideration has been arrived between both parties on a willing-buyer willing-seller basis. The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions.
Founded in 1953, Sanyo Foods is a global leader and Japan’s third largest player in the instant noodles business. It has established a leadership presence in China, Vietnam, Russia and North America through strategic partnerships. In the past, Sanyo Foods has also acquired equity stakes in Tingyi Holdings in 1999 and King Lion of Russia in 2011 to catalyse the growth of these companies in their respective home markets. Tingyi Holdings is currently the market leader in China with 24 production facilities across the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Boiler Operator
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensure optimal and continuous operation of mechanical systems by performing routine inspections and maintenance, monitoring metering equipment and adjusting levels as necessary
- Maintain systems by scheduling regular inspections, cleanings, filter replacement and all other tasks necessary to keep all components performing optimally; identify and repair or replace malfunctioning components
- Ensure safety by monitoring safety equipment, identifying potential issues and taking appropriate steps to suspend operations and repair the problem
- Create and enter properly documented records of inspections, maintenance routines and repairs
- Sustain up-to-date knowledge of developments in relevant technology and make recommendations for overhauls and upgrades.
- Perform necessary repairs and replacements, obtain replacement parts and upgrade components as needed while staying within the budget.
- Supervise team of assistant operators and mechanics by delegating repair, maintenance and monitoring tasks, scheduling jobs, providing appropriate instruction and giving constructive feedback on performance
- Study to keep current on knowledge of all applicable safety laws and regulations in order to ensure full compliance at all times
- Interested candidates must possess the required Educational qualification and required working experience especially in a food manufacturing or similar sector.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV in either Word or PDF format to: [email protected] using ''Boiler Operator" as the subject of the mail.
Note: All applications that do not match the advertisement process would be discarded
Application Deadline 25th October, 2021.