We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Boarding Officer
Location : Nigeria – Lagos
Function/Domain: Refinery Operations Maintenance
Slot: 2 Openings
- The first point of contact for vessels arriving into port, a Boarding Officer facilitates the smooth entry and departure of their assigned ships, seeing to it that they fulfil statutory formalities and required declarations.
- The Officer is expected to establish good relationships with the Ship Captain and Chief Engineer.
- This role requires the ability to identify bottlenecks, propose improvements to the organisation's workflow, and assist with their implementation.
- Overall co-ordination & controlling of Crude oil discharging operations & product loading operations at SPM into the vessel alongwith all other related activities.
- Monitoring & ensuring that vessel tank inspection & ullaging is carried out properly and the documentation formalities are completed in all the respect prior commencement of Loading/Discharging operations.
- Controlling & continuous monitoring of cargo loading/discharging operations at SPM, Header flushing, Draining operations, Documentations pertaining to quantity, quality, safety, security, statutory clearances (Customs,ISPS, NPA, NIMASA etc,)
- Ensuring the overall safety during vessel Mooring, unmooring and cargo loading/discharging operations as per Safety check list.
- Controlling the operation of fire water pumps, fire water distribution network, foam system and other associated fire fighting facilities.
- Monitoring the operation of Sea Water intake Pump house. Providing the value added suggestion in optimising the operations, enhancing overall safety of the operations & assets, reviewing & raising the necessary requirement for system/plant modification Carrying out the day to day maintenance of Sea Water Intake pumping system & Marine facilities and co-ordinating for the required resources.
- Coordination with Marine Control Tower for smooth operation and Communicate with agencies on status of cargo operation. Liaise with authorities and terminal operators on behalf of the vessel and its crew.
- Preparation of Cargo documentation and Bill of Lading Coordinate with Pilot and Tugs for the Mooring & Unmooring operations and during the Pullback operations Monitoring of Telemetry Control for various parameters of Cargo operations/SPM operations Assisting to Head – Offshore Operations for day to day work.
Education and Training
- Minimum Graduate Degree Level – Mechanical/Chemical (BE/BTECH/BSC Chemistry) with 3-4 years related Experience
- Diploma (Mechanical/Chemical) with 5-6 years Experience
- Knowledge of Boarding Officer duties on Crude/Product tankers
- Knowledge of Marine vocabulary
- Knowledge of Ports and Terminal operations
- Knowledge of Oil Pollution Equipments
- STCW 2010
- Oil Pollution Control & Oil Spill Response Course
- Tanker Familiarisation
- Safety at the tanker/Terminal interface training.Knowledge and Skills
- Sound PC skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of HSQE awareness
13th December, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online