Culture Custodian launched on March 3rd 2014 with the motivation of Curating, Collecting and Creating the stories and events that matter for the Nigerian and African millennial. Culture Custodian caters to the aforementioned target audience and gives them representation in the Nigerian mediascape whilst also educating and informing them across the worlds of Fashion, Music, Politics, Pop Culture, Technology and Sports. Culture Custodian employs a hybrid of traditional writing, visual and audio methods including the Culture Custodian Podcast Network, its website and Culture Custodian TV.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Art Director
Job Type: Full Time
Function: Media and Editorial
About the Role
- The Culture Custodian Associate Art Director works closely with the Social Media Director and Editor in Chief to provide excellent creative execution for all Culture Custodian projects.
- You will be responsible for creating and executing concepts and ideas across different platforms and channels, including social media campaigns, websites, emails, and other digital placements. The primary focus will be creating content and direction for social media channels.
- It’s a dynamic job. One day you may be conceptualizing ideas for a new launch, another day creating content for social media pages. The next, you may be creative directing a photo or video shoot.
- You’ll need to be an expert in multiple facets of the creative process – and the creative industry- in order to produce the best work. Doing so means being an art director, designer, photographer, editor, and producer, all in one.
- In order to succeed in this role, you must have a positive attitude, be resourceful, and believe there are multiple ways to create the best work possible.
- 4+ years graphic design/art director/copywriting/production/editing experience
- Proven working experience as an art director.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to multitask, set priorities, and take initiative.
- Hands-on experience with logo design, typography, color, social media and web layout design, print production, and package design
- Demonstrable graphic design skill with a strong portfolio
- Proficient use of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design tools
- Must have agency experience and be familiar with working in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- The ability to work quickly, efficiently, accurately within Adobe Creative Suite, Google Slides, and PowerPoint
- Strong understanding of social media platforms and trends in design for FB/IG /Twitter.
- Strong understanding of production and performance-driven creative
- Detail-oriented with a strong ability to prioritize work and resources
- Have excellent presentation and communication abilities
- Relevant education or training
- Generate clear ideas and concepts in tandem with the editorial team
- Develop and direct creative work of the highest caliber to achieve the company’s objectives
- Understanding market initiatives, strategic positioning, and target audience
- Contribute to the process of leveraging social media platform updates and pop culture trends
- Determine all creative resources needed for photo/video shoots, in conjunction with other important parties
- Be responsible for all phases of creative work from concept to production.
- Cooperate with the rest of the creative team across different type of media
- Contributing to creative team brainstorms and content goals
- Stay on top of all trends and maintain best practices
Project Management / Leadership:
- Project manage all owned creative deliverables and be sure that you meet all deadlines.
- Manage quick turnaround times & robust volume of content via efficient processes.
- Develop and deliver thought leadership and creative solutions.
- Execute excellent creative work and actively contribute to a culture of innovation, collaboration, excellence, and accountability.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online