Mkobo is licensed as a Microfinance Bank by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). We started operations in August 2015. MKOBO is not your typical MFB, we do not have a banking hall nor do we accept cash deposit. All transactions are done electronically.
We are primarily focused on the promotion of inclusive financial services through the development of innovative financial services that leverages technology to eliminate the costs and complexities usually associated with traditional financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer & Executive Assistant
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- This role will be responsible for ensuring that Mkobo is fully compliant with all regulatory requirements such as CBN, CAC, NDIC etc. The individual will also be responsible for be responsible for providing Company secretarial services to the Board and act in the capacity of executive assistant to the Managing Director.
- Reviewing contracts, manage regulatory and compliance-related services
- Prepare and review agreements, MOU, and other related documents
- In case of lawsuits, investigating the cause of the litigation, collecting evidence that is permissible in the court of law, and preparing all the groundwork required to fight the case
- Ensuring that all the licenses, agreements and permits of the company are valid and renewing legal contracts before it lapses
- Ensuring documentation of all legal documents of the company to maintain confidentiality
- Assisting in Maintaining all corporate records and documenting all corporate decisions
- •Provide support/advise to the Risk Management team with regards to recovering debt and be in Charge or liaising with any Authorities.
- Liaise with outside legal firm in litigation cases and attend courts where required
- Ensuring compliance with applicable laws, regulations and policies
- A Bachelor's degree in Law
- Membership of the Nigeria Bar Association is required
- Minimum of 2-3 years of working experience in a Law firm or corporate firm as Legal officer.
- Deep understanding of legal issues, including governance and legal compliance
- Experience of drafting and reviewing legal documents
- Deep understanding of ethical rules and laws
- Have proficient knowledge on the use of Microsoft Office packages.
Application Closing Date
30th April, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: