We are a leading Real Estate company based in Lagos Nigeria with subsidiaries in quarry, dredging and logistics services in Nigeria. The group is strategically repositioning to double its revenue year -on- year for the next five years through exceptional service delivery, innovative products and service offerings within a diverse and inclusive work environment. To realise this aim, it has decided to strengthen its managerial and delivery team.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Manager
Job Type: Full Time
- The Company Legal Manager will provide strategic thought leadership, adequate support and practical advice, geared towards the effective and efficient management of the risks and legal needs of the Company; ensuring that all practices, policies and business activities fall within the bounds of the company's legal posture
- The job holder is an advisor, communicator and educator on Public Relations and Governance related matters and supports the envisioning, conceptualization, design, development and delivery of systems, structures, processes and policies guiding corporate governance matters and Corporate Secretariat to the Board of the company
- The position partners with management and functional leaders across the company, providing legal support and direction on a diverse range of strategy, business/commercial, operational and legal matters. The day-to-day responsibilities of the position incumbent include the negotiation of commercial contracts and agreements and management of competition risks
- The incumbent's firm grasp of the laws and regulations about the industry and marketplace aids advising on the resolution of any matters arising through strategic alliances, acquisitions, joint ventures while respecting the limitations that may be imposed by law and the government.
- Develop and implement the required legal structures and support for managing business relationships and transactions between the company and external parties.
- Develop Company's corporate governance framework, regulatory compliance, and embedding initiatives. In so doing, work closely with other discipline heads to put effective controls in place.
- Bachelor of Law or similar qualification
- Must be qualified to practice as a lawyer in Nigeria and a member of the Nigerian Bar Association.
- An MBA, a Master's Degree, other professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years post-call experience, 4 of which must have been at the management level of a Legal Unit, Corporate and Operational Regulatory Compliance or Company Secretary, within a reputable and structured business environment preferably within the Real Estate sector
- Demonstrated business acumen and superior judgment
- Ample litigation experience will be an added advantage.
Candidates to possess:
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple initiatives across many different business units. The ability to get meaningful participation and support from different resources and other business units will be critical to success.
- Well-developed conceptual, critical, and analytical thinking with the ability to convey complex information in a straightforward, interesting way, and influencing this to a wider audience.
- Capacity to enforce accountability, develop and empower high-quality leaders from the bottom up, lead from the top down, and learn the strengths and weaknesses of the team to put people in a position to succeed
- Developed business acumen, with a pragmatic approach to solving problems and implementing solutions.
- Knowledge of Nigeria in terms of its political, economic and social trends.
Application Closing Date
13th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a one-page position statement in Word format quoting job reference through email to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and advanced to the next stage of the selection process.