- Company: STEMCafe
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
STEMCafe is a non-linear learning centre where kids and young adults through play, explore the amazing world of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) through fun interactive activities for them to experiment with amazing creations and ideas that develop lifelong learning and interest in STEM.
We are expanding Africa’s capacity and diversity of the STEM workforce pipeline to prepare the younger generation for the best jobs of the future that will see Africa become innovative, secure and competitive.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Learning Development Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Learning Development Manager will be responsible for conceptualizing, developing, and presenting dynamic and diverse science, technology, engineering, and math educational experiences for programme participants.
- As the Learning and Development Manager, you will work both independently and as part of a team to develop, refine, and deliver memorable learning experiences. You will participate in managing and supporting other team members and will play a key role in the evaluation of programs.
- Our ideal candidate is extremely driven, passionate and has considerable knowledge of the current literature, trends, and developments in the field of STEM instruction. This person is comfortable in a fast-paced environment with the highest standards of quality and excellence and is enthusiastic, dedicated and enjoys collaboration.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design innovative curricula inline with the goals and objectives of all programmes
- Curate and create the content and learning materials in alignment with the curriculum for the various programmes.
- Ensure the delivery of an exciting and impactful learning experience for programme participants
- Train, support and manage a team of educators to effectively deliver the curriculum for each programme
- Ensure the evaluation of learning outcomes for students and design engaging ways to report these findings and make recommendations to parents and other stakeholders
- Ensure learning resources are readily available for all training sessions
- Constantly seek innovative approaches and updates to existing curriculum and learning resources
- Work closely with the programmes and leadership team to drive the strategic direction of learning outcomes for the organisation and effectively communicate the same to stakeholders.
- 4+ years experience in a similar role, including 2 years of leadership experience within a fast-paced, technology-driven work environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Science, Education, or related field of study.
- Expertise in informal STEM education and/or STEM content.
- Ability to demonstrate enthusiastic and entertaining program delivery skills.
- Demonstrated ability or willingness to contribute to the development and execution of new program ideas, and a history of providing constructive feedback on existing programs and workshops.
Application Closing Date