- Company: CARE International
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Borno Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Food Distribution Assistant
Job Type: Full-time
- The Food Distribution Assistant, distributes, and tracks the distribution of food to people in need at various rural sites within the Northeast of Nigeria.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Assist in the distribution of commodities including timely planning and supervision of the distribution.
- Mobilize and sensitize project participants to actively participate in the implementation of field activities.
- Timely prepare and submit field reports.
- Properly engage with stakeholders in conformity with CARE core value.
- Directly distribute and/or facilitate the distribution of food to clients via volunteers at various rural distribution sites within the LGA.
- Record client participation in food distribution program per CARE procedures.
- Provide and receive program participation applications from potential clients at distribution sites, and provide referrals to those not qualifying.
- Perform any other duties assigned by supervisor or her/his designate
Problem Solving (Thinking Environment)
There are three levels of problem-solving:
- What has to be done and how to do it are clearly defined, and the incumbent will face identical or similar problems on a regular basis;
- What has to be done is known, but how to do it is not defined. The incumbent must use interpolative skills to pick and choose the right strategy to address a given problem; and
- Why things are done is known, but what has to be done and how to do it are not defined.
Situations are variable and the incumbent’s response will involve analysis, problem definition, development of alternatives, and making recommendations. She will face and address problems that are typically non-recurring.
Qualifications (Know How)
Education / Training:
- Ordinary National Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to deal well with a diverse population.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Cooperative, friendly, and helpful attitude with clients and co-workers. Ability to work closely with other employees to ensure positive, constructive environment within the program or department, and throughout the organization.
- Ability to thrive in a flexible, fast-paced and growth-oriented environment, while maintaining a sense of humor and a positive, solution-oriented approach.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the mission of CARE International.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relations with people of different cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledge of the local language (Hausa, Kanuri)
- Volunteer experience in General Food Distribution
- Previous experience working with an INGO or a Development organization.
- Experience in data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing
- Ability to plan and organize work and write clear and concise reports and communicate effectively (both in writing and verbally)
- Commitment to CARE’s Core Values of Transformation, Integrity, Diversity, Excellence and Equality
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Stable, moral, reliable and robust character and a good team-player
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven commitment to accountability practices
- Excellent Microsoft Office & statistical soft wares skills
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local context
- Previous humanitarian programming experience
- Strong level of autonomy to provide independent follow through on processing issues and concerns
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- Details focus
- Strong team player
- Strong problem solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong customer service focus and ability to work well with people from various backgrounds and cultures at all levels in organization.
Application Closing Date
16th August, 2021.