Executive Secretary at Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE)
The Nigeria Society of Engineers (NSE) is the umbrella organisation for the engineering profession in Nigeria. It looks after the professional needs of all Engineers in their vide spectrum of specializations through structured initiatives in membership and other high professional standard and ethical practices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Secretary
The Executive Secretary is the Administrative Head of the NSE National Secretariat and provides leadership in the execution and management of the affairs of the Society on behalf of the Council. He reports directly to the Executive Committee (EXCO) of the Society. He is responsible for the following, amongst other things:
- Overseeing the day-to-day management of the Secretariat.
- Defining the priorities of the Secretariat activities and function.
- Coordinating change management programmes for the Society.
- Directing the preparation of all financial reports including income statements, balance sheets, reports to the EXCO and Council, tax returns and other reports for government regulatory agencies.
- Conferring with Directors to coordinate and prioritise planning of resources.
To perform this role, the successful candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Must be between 55 and 62 years of age at the time of employment
- Experienced strategic planning and execution
- Have the ability and proven experience in managing, motivating an communicating with interdependent groups of people.
- Be able to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight time frame and simultaneously manage several protects.
Interested candidates must possess the follow, qualifications and experience as minimum:
- Be a Graduate of Engineering
- Be a Corporate Member of the Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE)
- Be registered with the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (GOREN)
- Have a minimum of 20 years post-graduation experience in the Public Service, Industry or Academia, 5 years of which must be in top Management position
- An MBA and knowledge of ICT will be an added advantage.
Desired personal attributes expected of the candidate:
- Strong cerebral capacity
- Highly organised and significant ability to multi-task effectively.
- The tenure of the Executive Secretary is an initial term of 3 years in the first instance but only renewable for additional 3 years, once, upon satisfactory performance in the first term.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letters with CV and all vital credentials in an envelope clearly marked "ES Vacancy Application" to the Office of the Executive Secretary or forward as email with all attachments to: [email protected] and [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates would be invited for interview
Application Deadline Monday, 22nd November, 2021.