Don Tummy Company Limited is an emerging force to reckon with on the bloc of printing, publishing, packaging and promotion companies in Africa, established with dual purpose of making world-beating books, journals and magazines available to the erudite readers of Africa in home and abroad and to inculcate the African youths with reading and writing cultures through several reading and writing empowerment projects, thereby stirring the waves of industrial revolution in the continent.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Corporate Secretary
Location: Osogbo, Osun
- As a company secretary, you'll need to ensure a company complies with financial and legal requirements, as well as maintaining its high standards of corporate governance. Although not strictly required to provide legal advice, you'll also need to have a thorough understanding of the laws that affect your areas of work.
- Also sometimes known as head of governance, you'll hold a strategic position at the heart of governance operations within the organisation. A key part of your role will be to act as a point of communication between the board of directors and company shareholders, and in some cases an organisation's executive management.
- Maintaining current awareness about company law;
- Providing legal/financial advice during and outside of meetings.
- Implementing procedural/administrative systems;
- Administering pension schemes and share issues;
- Dealing with company/staff insurance policies;
- Managing contractual arrangements with suppliers/customers;
- Financial and HR administration;
- Keeping a register of shareholders and *liaising with them on behalf of the company.
- Writing reports;
- Collating information;
- Providing support to committees and working parties such as the Board of Directors etc;
- Handling correspondence before and after meetings;
- Convening and servicing annual general meetings (AGM)/meetings (producing agendas, taking minutes; conveying decisions etc.);
- Managing office space/premises/property and so on
- Membership of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administration, a legal Practitioner within the meaning of the legal practitioner’s Act 1975 or a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountant of Nigeria or of such other Bodies of Chartered Accountant as approved from time to time by an Act or Decree shall be considered for fringe benefits.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online