Bridge House College is an accredited centre with the British council to conduct Cambridge examinations and also a UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admission Services) centre. BHC works with Brooke House College, UK, a foremost sixth form college with over 35 years’ experience in placing students in universities throughout the UK. BHC provides a serene environment away from the city where students can focus on their studies, their participation in extra-murals, developing their interpersonal relationships, as well as realizing the career path most suitable for them.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: College Secretary
Employment Type: Full-time
- A top Nigerian Sixth Form school seeks to find suitable candidates to fill the position of College Secretary. He/she is to perform a variety of administrative tasks and support our company’s senior-level managers.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of teenagers, young people and adults at risk. It is expected that ALL staff and volunteers ensure students are protected from abuse, harm and radicalisation.
- As an equal opportunity employer, the College Secretary is required to perform essential role in the smooth operation of the school by providing key support services to all the stakeholders including staff, students and parents.
- Maintain filing systems for students and staff
- Keep accurate staff and student attendance records and submit reports as required
- Provide school-specific administrative support processes such as enrolment and withdraw students from school, maintain disciplinary tracking systems.
- Provide staff and stakeholders with accurate information regarding school operations
- Take minutes during meetings, compose, type and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Prepare and distribute appropriate communications including newsletters, emails and announcements.
- Confidentiality, integrity and adherence to ethical standards.
- Serve as a central information point to the public, students and staff regarding school-related matters and procedures
- Format information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, reports
- HND / B.Sc School Degree.
- A minimum of 3 to 7 years post NYSC experience
- Familiarity with office gadgets and applications (e.g. e-calendars and copy machines)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Diversity oriented – able to work effectively with people regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity or religion.
- Knowledge of school policies and procedures
- Work experience as a Secretary, Executive Assistant or similar role
- Excellent MS Office knowledge
Shortlisted candidates will be required to:
- Provide Proof of identity e.g. passport or ID card
- Provide two references from their current employer (Line Manager/HR Department) – kindly note that referees will be contacted prior to the interview date.
- Undertake a background check.
N90,000 – N150,000 monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 12th November, 2021.