Access Bank Plc is a full service commercial Bank operating through a network of about 366 branches and service outlets located in major centres across Nigeria, Sub Saharan Africa and the United Kingdom.
Zonal Head, Commercial Banking Division
Category: Commercial Banking
- At Access Bank, we have an obsession for taking care of our customers and employees and making them feel welcomed and valued by building lasting relationships, doing the right thing, exceeding expectations and having a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Using the latest banking solutions combined with cutting edge financial technology and the most welcoming and friendly service, you’ll be front and centre representing our brand and culture.
- Do you have a passion for helping customers, building relationships, and delivering extraordinary customer service? We’re looking for energetic, enthusiastic people to be the face of Access Bank to our Wholesale customers.
- Our offerings focus on relationships with Public sectors, manufacturing, Contractors and Construction and Asian corporates. It also offers services to German and Chinese customers on through the various desk in the Division
- As a Zonal Head in Commercial Banking, you’ll take a lead role in delivering an outstanding experience to our wholesale customers. You’ll acquire, manage, retain meaningful relationships with our customers, using your financial knowledge to offer thoughtful solutions to help address their financial needs
- Formulation and implementation of regional commercial banking & state government strategy
- Execution of strategic initiatives launched centrally at all levels (Group, Bank, and commercial market)
- Oversee the credit relationship of the client, coordinating and supervising the entire process, ensuring the proper application of policies and institutional processes
- Responsible for calling on clients to deepen relationships and proactively owning, responding to and anticipating future needs, roadblocks or risks, in addition to identifying and pursuing new clients aligned with Access Bank’s value proposition
- Development of Commercial Banking products and services
- Management and maintenance of existing customer relationships and development of new customer relationships
- Attracting, retaining and motivating a team, along with responsibility for managing a budget and meeting team sales goals.
- Fund the bank with cheap liabilities
- Achieve PCE, Balance and other performance target
- Perform all other duties as may be assigned by Group Head
- 8+ years of experience in Banking and Marketing. A recognized professional certification will be an added advantage
- In-depth knowledge of all aspects of commercial banking; commercial credit knowledge and an ability to quickly learn new products and services
- Possesses sound judgment and is creative in providing credit/deposit solutions to bank clients
- Significant experience with commercial credit decision making authority, with experience in complex capital structures and cross border transactions
- Minimum intermediate level credit skills with the capability to demonstrate advanced level credit skills to be appointed a senior credit officer
- Able to effectively interact with a variety of internal and external constituencies
- Proven track record of successfully managing and leading teams through complex change; a reputation for retaining, attracting and developing talent
- Proven leadership ability with excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Must be able to express a sound opinion, able to agreeably present another viewpoint
- Must have a sharp business development focus and demonstrate innovative approaches
So, what can we offer you in return?
You can expect excellent benefits, personal development, and a career that’s enriching and full of opportunity! This is inclusive of but not limited to:
- Competitive pay that surpasses industry and matches global standards
- Career Growth
- Merit driven performance management system
- Adequate training and development to help improve your knowledge.
- Employee recognition based on Performance
Method of Application
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.