Vodstra Limited Recent Job Opening
Vodstra Limited is a corporate organization whose aim is to use disruptive and innovative strategies to support SMEs grow their leadership, develop business and entrepreneurship in Nigeria. We support local and international organizations by providing business solutions and expert advice to enable organizations to build skills and competencies required to thrive and survive in challenging and growing economies around the world.
Our client in Logistic business requires the services of a competent and change driven Chief Operations Officer:
Job Title: Chief Operations Officer
Slots: 2 (Passenger transport and courier)
- Develop and implement a growth-focused strategy to increase the company’s investment portfolio in the Transportation sector in Nigeria
- Drive the financial performance of the Company.
- Implementation of relevant structures (process, people, and systems) to support the achievement of the company’s vision, goals and promote investment opportunities for profitable growth.
- Ensure innovative processes for efficiency to promote customer satisfaction
- Drive business development that will transform the passenger and courier business of the Company during this challenging economic period.
- Report directly to the board
Skills and Competencies:
- Must be a visionary leader with a high level of commercial acumen and a track record in managing the Transport business at the senior management level.
- Must have a deep understanding of passenger Transport and Courier operations, trucks/buses maintenance, scheduling and branch management
- Strong Business development and marketing skills including ability to identify and implement new business opportunities
- business to commercial success
- growth within an organization
- Good networking skills
- Ability to drive organizational changes needed to adapt strategically to changing business terrain and technology
- Provide direction for the operations, sales, technical and other teams for achieving challenging targets and objectives.
- Must have multicultural exposure with the ability to mix and interact at different levels of the society
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Postgraduate qualifications in Business Administrations, Transport Management, and other relevant fields would be an advantage.
- For the Courier Division: A Minimum of 12 years’ experience in courier business operations of Redstar Express, DHL, FedEx, UPS, Efex and other reputable courier companies, with at least 5 years in a Senior Management position
- For the passenger Transport Division: A Minimum of 14 years’ experience in passenger business operations of GIG, GUO, Peace Mass, Okeyson and other reputable Transport companies, with at least 6 years in a Senior Management position
- Must be above 45 years of age but not more than 55 years