Media Trust Limited is the publisher of Daily Trust and other newspaper titles. They are also into commercial printing as well as Brand Marketing Research for the purpose of identifying new opportunities for business values. Each market research report delivers insight across a wide range of crucial factors such as market size, growth drivers, competitive landscape, trends, and forecasts.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Video Journalist
Job Type: Full Time
- Media Trust Limited, publishers of Daily Trust and other titles, is one of the leading media organizations in Nigeria with the widest reach and renowned for top rate journalism.
- The Digital Team delivers highly professional journalism through creatively developed content in different formats online and on social media in lively and engaging manner.
- As one of our video journalists, you will be playing a critical role in shaping our digital content and leading engagement with our audience across platforms. You will be part of the digital team that delivers high quality news content online and on social media that suits our diverse audiences, especially young people.
- You need to be a creative and resourceful journalist with understanding of what makes a good video and how videos are consumed on digital platforms. Based in Abuja, you will research, initiate, gather, and produce material for news, current affairs, and other formats, shooting and editing same.
- To work with other members of the Daily Trust Digital Team to produce high quality content that meets professional standards;
- To generate and contribute ideas for news and content development across platform;
- To originate, identify and produce innovative and creative video news and current affairs content for different platforms including social media such as Facebook and Instagram;
- To create attractive and engaging social media specific content including pictures, text, and videos;
- To keep abreast of the fast-changing media environment and adopt and improve on the latest techniques;
- To operate and maintain the studio and filed recording and editing equipment.
- To write and/or prepare scripts, sub and/or edit copy for video production and originate new formats for delivery on digital platforms;
- To create multimedia content, craft headlines and teasers that promote our stories in such a way that they appeal to a wide range of audience;
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in any related field.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience.
- Knowledge of Adobe.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- A good command of the English language (both written and spoken). Working knowledge of Hausa is an added advantage;
- A high standard of editorial judgement, writing and editing ability;
- Thorough knowledge of the Nigerian media landscape and its challenges and prospects.
- Thorough knowledge of, and interest in, local, regional, and national as well as, where appropriate. International news and current affairs.
- The ability to work without supervision and under pressure, and deliver against tight deadlines.
- Ability to travel out of base at short notice.
- Ability to use audio and video recording equipment and editing software, especially Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Thorough understanding of social media journalism and the ability to create visually appealing content including lives and other engaging formats.
- Ability to work well as part of a team – with editors, producers and other journalists.
- Make balanced and objective judgement and the right editorial decisions taking into consideration best international practices as well as the ethics of the journalism profession.
- Translate ideas – news and current affairs – into practical reality in the form of high-quality video content that can be appealing to our diverse audiences.
- Ability to work and get along with others ensuring respect and managing relationships to achieve the overall aim of the Team and the organization.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and communicate with other members of the team effectively
- Being able to manage setbacks and provide alternatives.
- Also, the candidate must have the ability to show commitment and dedication in the face of challenges and to control oneself in the face of provocation.
- Adaptability to work effectively in different circumstances and with different people.
- Ability to understand and appreciate differing perspectives and accommodate opposing views.
Planning and Organizing:
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize and plan activities taking into consideration factors such as deadlines and resources.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th June, 2020.